Housewife Chic

First off....have you ever been without internet?? Ugh, last week was the longest week EVER. I had my phone, but blog posting is kind of difficult to do using that medium.

That being said - I'm back!! I'm here with a review of Housewife Chic by Ruby's Musings. I found this Etsy shop on Instagram about a couple weeks ago. It was one of those nights where people weren't uploading new photos often so there was nothing for me to look at. So...I went under the search area and found this gem of a shop!



Housewife Chic is a jewelry line inspired by the fashion and life of a retro housewife. The jewelry line came about in Ruby's desire to share her daughter's art and her desire to make available items inspired by herself, her fashion and her lifestyle that she shares through her blog, YouTube and other social media platforms. They are both inspired by the 1950's as well as the beauty that is all around them....if you just look with a bit of kitch thrown in for good measure. Each piece in the limited edition collections is drawn with care and love, hand "painted" and carefully crafted to create a unique piece that can be worn and shown off with pride.

I contacted the shop on June 2nd and got a very quick response. I had sent a black and white picture of my grandparents that I wanted to make into a brooch. We went over details of what I wanted. I was asked if I wanted the brooch in shades of gray or if I wanted color. I chose color and decided I would ask my mom for any color photos. The only color photo we had was their wedding photo.


I sent the picture on June 6th and she asked if I wanted to use it since she said the photo was "wonderful." I looked at it and I thought....she's right! It is wonderful....I agreed. Since the brooch was only going to be of their busts, I decided to do away with the veil and the boutonniere. I wanted it to be less formal so I could use more frequently.

By June 10th, I got a photo of the sketch and the brooch next to the sketch of what my new piece of jewelry would look like.



Once she sent it, I fell in love with it. That very same day it was put in the mail. They are located in Sacramento - so timing for my parcel to get to Vegas was quick.

I received notice from Etsy that my package had been delivered and I all but ran to the mailbox. I tore open the outside mailings. It was wrapped with love and care.


I was careful to open the box since I could tell so much went into it. The brooch is beautiful! It measures about 2" across and about 1" in height. I couldn't believe once I sent the final photo, it took a week....A WEEK! That's it!! Only a week for my custom order that I love and cherish. I was hoping I would get before the 30th of this month as it would have been my grandmother's birthday and their anniversary.


Custom brooches are $25. Add an additional $5 for shipping and handling. However, I will say their regular stock of brooches are amazing too! I've got my eye on the car they have and a couple of their pinups that are currently on sale!

Thank you Housewife Chic - I am in love with my brooch!
Who is your favorite brooch maker?

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie


Comments

  1. WOW!! I am just blown away by this! It's so hard to decide which photo I'd actually choose, though. I can't wait to see this on one of your new fashion finds!!

    I bet you know who my favorite brooch-maker is: Atomic Lucite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts