Destina 1940's Shirtwaist Flared Tea Dress

This past Christmas I was given gift cards to Amazon. I love that Amazon knows what I search and had a few suggestions for me. I saw this 1940's shirtwaist flared tea dress by Destina. I loved the cut and color, but was hesitant since it was clearly a knock off from China. They even put the dress on Dita's body to really drive it home.

Curiosity got me! I wondered how this dress would measure up in real life. Besides, it was a gift card and Amazon is awesome when it comes to returns. When it arrived I loved the color and the material....but the medium was too big. I had to exchange it for a small. There is a bit of stretch to this dress which is made of cotton, polyester and spandex.

My Instagram friend, Emily, hosted Wiggle Week this past week I was a bit late to getting the memo, but decided one day is better than none!






First off, the material is thick. I got very warm the first 10 minutes I went outside. So needless to say, this would be best suited for colder climate. But, I wanted to test this puppy out and see if it is worth buying pretty dresses off of Amazon from a no-name brand.


The details of this dress are surprising. The slightly puffed shoulders, the 3/4 length sleeves, the slight ruching at the waist and the knee length mermaid skirt are all winners in my book. However, it's the key hole that takes the cake for me.


It really makes the whole piece come together. It's also the reason why I kept my jewelry minimal, as I wanted to make sure it didn't look too busy. The button at the top of the key hole is functional so your noggin' can fit through when putting it on. 

I failed and didn't get a photo of the back, but it has a hidden zip from the lower back up to just under the collar....the collar is attached all the way around so it can be a bit tricky.

This dress has been rated 4 out of 5 stars out of 229 reviews. Not bad, if I do say so myself. The price point is perfect, coming in at $23.99 and it's on Amazon Prime.  It comes in black, cobalt blue, navy blue, green, merlot and red. I might just pick up another color. 

So if you are dolling up on a budget, I'd say this wasn't a bad purchase! However, now I know not to wear during warmer weather.

Do you have a favorite place to buy your pretty things when on a budget? Let me know!

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. I absolutely LOVE this dress and this color on you -- so glad your Amazon adventurousness paid off! And how unusual to get one of those dresses from China and have it be too big, rather than too small. Usually I've found that their sizing is a few sizes smaller than American equivalents. I love the keyhole too, and that little mermaid flounce at the bottom!!

    Woohoo! You look amazing in wiggles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaasssss - Amazon for the W-I-N!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts