Tester Tuesday - Makeup Brush Cleaner

A couple months ago I headed to Ladies Night Out in Burbank with my friend, Emily. This was her first time she's attended. Needless to say there was so much to see and not enough time to do it in. BUT we noticed that Burbank is now the home of Morphe's flagship store! There is a dangerous section in every makeup store. It's the section where you are standing in line and they display all the smaller samples and/or things that you wouldn't think to get but they obviously want you to buy them and test them out. Mission accomplished! When I saw they had brush cleaners by Koren Zander, I snatched one up so I can review it :)


Last summer I reviewed Perfectly Posh's Gender Bender, which is not made specifically for cleaning brushes. It has charcoal in it and the product really impressed me with the power it had for deep cleaning my brushes....and quickly.

What drew me to Koren Zander's brush soap is that it comes with a cute little case. Seems superficial, I know, but the Gender Bender bar left my counter top kind of grey/black. It was easy clean up....but this has zero clean up. This product also comes with a "loofa" like backing to it.



I chose the pineapple scent. There were quite a few to choose from - mango, lavender, jasmine, lemon and unscented....to name a few.

I started off by wetting my brush and rubbing it on the soapy side. I then flipped the bar over to use the loofa side.


I used the three brushes I think get the most use. You can see the makeup washing off...but the third brush doesn't quite get back to white. I also followed the directions to clean my makeup sponge and that didn't get as clean as I would like either.  Finally, I washed all my brushes (about 20) and this soap product seems to disappear quickly. 

The Gender Bender and the Sponge & Brush Soap each have their ups and downs. However, the purpose is to get my brushes clean. Each of them does the job....but I think Koren Zander's Sponge & Brush Soap takes more time and effort. Gender Bender is $9 and Koren Zander is $10. Gender Bender is only available through their website and Koren Zander is the same unless you live around Burbank or are willing to drive to Morphe's flagship. I haven't found other stores that carry them....I could totally be wrong though.

Do you have a makeup brush cleaner that you absolutely adore? Let me know!

Cheers!

This blog was written while sipping:
Carnivor - Cabernet Sauvignon 2015
No wine glasses were harmed in
the making of this blog <3
Essentially,

Evie xoxo


Comments

  1. Ohhhh good to know 🤓 Good work pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go for a brush cleaner, because usually I clean my brushes by flicking the excess eye shadow into the sink. $10 to clean 20 brushes seems a bit pricey, though... maybe I'll just start wearing less makeup. (Lol as if!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL for this particular item, I wouldn't spend the $10....the product goes way too fast. But the charcoal bar....a total fav <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts