Weekend Wrap Up

Man does the weekend go by way too quickly. Monday comes way too soon!!

I started off my weekend by meeting up with my Pops in Primm since he was in town to play golf....what's an hour drive to go see family?! I was there a little longer than I had anticipated - but when you don't see family for a couple months, there is lots to catch up on! I left at about 10:45 to meet my husband at Sidebar to check out Cameron Dettman. Dude is seriously talented, ya'll. 

Love anyone who does a Beatles cover.


I got up early Saturday morning to drive out to Cali for some Mama time.....like I said, it's been a while since I've seen my family. It was a quick visit, but there is one thing I ALWAYS do when I go to Cali - get my nails done! I hadn't gone since January because I just can't justify spending $40 for a gel manicure. Nail salons are a dime a dozen in Vegas - but where I go, it's the only nail salon in the area. I pay $18 for gels and I also do my toes and eyebrows....all under $40...boom! Not to mention my January manicure lasted up until a few days before I got them done the other day, I broke 2. These are my real nails people!

Before & After
I tell you what....I started off with the rounded nails. This time I got a little bit more pointy and I think next time I'm going to go on full on stiletto nails. I didn't think I was going to like them, but it is growing on me. *If you are in or around the LA area - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lee's Nails in Commerce. I mean, I refuse to go anywhere else....and I live a whole other state.*

My mom and I ran around doing errands - but most of our time was spent sitting in stupid LA traffic. I HATE LA TRAFFIC!!! We were so pooped, we knocked out by 8:30. Done and done!!

However, it was a good thing we went to bed early because we got up early on Sunday to check out Pinup Girl Clothing's Vintage Yard Sale!! It's not one of their "famous" yard sales...but individual vendors that bring their items - be it clothing, sunglasses, jewelry, swim attire, shoes...etc., etc. It's like when someone sells their closet on Instagram.

My Seester made out like a bandit! She found so many good deals and items that fit her perfectly!! I got myself a sweet ass purse (like I need another one) and PUG's fluer de lis high waisted cropped trousers.....YEEESSS!!! They were $20, so I don't feel like I broke my bank or my buying ban. 

We also went down the street to Unique Vintage and I snagged a belated Christmas present in the way of Hell Bunny :) Side note....UV's staff / customer service is AMAZEBALLZ <3


The black belt is not the belt that comes with the dress....but that's what I am going to pair it with :)
It was too unique of a belt to pass up. Plus, I'm not fond of the fabric ties on dresses. Took me a while to figure that out.

I'm super stoked about all of my purchases. Can't wait to wear them....and just in time for Viva!! 

We went back to the yard sale and my Seester found a few more gems. It was easier to move about the cabin since it died down and was easier to look through the racks. While I was there I did stop to ask why, why OH WHY would they do the "Famous" Yard Sale the same freakin' weekend as Viva. To my utter horror and dismay...PUG will not be at Viva this year!!! Sad, sad panda. Plus, the next day is their bi-annual Pinups In The Park. But seriously, would it be crazy to get up super early on Saturday morning to go to the yard sale??!! Ugh, the struggle is real people!!!

At any rate - not the most exciting Weekend Wrap Up, but that's what it is!!

Drinking some of that delish H20 tonight since I'm prepping my body for some heavy damage during Viva!!

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Yay for family time! Do you and your sister have similar style? Also OMG I love those Fleur de Lis pants so much!! The print is just gorgeous. I hope you post outfit pics of the new items you got!! It poured rain here today, so I was really missing LA, but from this post I'm thinking back on all the times I got stuck in traffic… it makes me feel a tiny bit less homesick for LA.

    I don't usually like the fabric ties on dresses either! But the dress I'm blogging tomorrow actually has one that I like. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts