Banana-rama Bandanna!

There has been a substantial amount of time that has passed since my first post - nearly a month! One, I'm trying to get used to posting on a regular basis. Secondly, my hubs and I are moving back to Las Vegas - so most of my time is spent job hunting and packing. I really enjoy blogging, so I hope once the dust settles, I can get into a routine. Plus....there is so much to blog about...how can I keep all this fantastic information to myself!?

Now that you know a little of my background - let's continue on the journey!

For some reason my fascination with winged liner went hand and hand with bandannas. Channeling my inner Rosie the Riveter, much? 

I went on a small rampage at Wal-Mart...I mean they are a dollar each, how does one pass that up? I've got a good stash going, Took me a while to figure out how to keep them in place and how the get them to look the way I wanted - yay YouTube! After a while I stopped wearing them because they started to look bulky when I wanted to turn them into a headband - which I started to do often. 

Walmart Bandannas - Yes..some unworn

Every once in a while I'll don the square material and just wish a for little something more. I'm not sure how I came across Cupiecakesgumdrop Boutique on Instagram, but I'm so glad I did. I would see her photos and "like" them all - as they are all just so darling and made of great patterned material.

She had a sale going on - $7 each when purchasing 3 or more. What girl passes up a good deal?! I went through all her items that she posted...she being Miss Judy. Her process is easy and fair. You see it, you like it, you post your email address on the photo and she'll invoice you...BAM easy peasy. In this instance, since it was buy three for $7 each, I think (if I remember correctly) I numbered each head wrap I desired. There were so many to choose from - and I had a hard time figuring out which I wanted. Alas, I had to act fast...Miss Judy is popular and in demand! The ones I had seen previously were gone in a blink of an eye! This time, I was prepared. I found my first head wrap that I wanted and then copied my email address so all I had to do was paste - had to save time and cut corners to ensure no one took the head wraps that I needed.

Purchases from Cupiecakesgumdrop Boutique
So...I did it! I narrowed it down - to be honest, a couple were already spoken for...but it just made the process a bit easier. All double-sided and made with love. The one I saw and thought I MUST HAVE was the far left, the fashionista-esqe head wrap - where one side is white polka dots on a red background and the other shows sketched dresses on hangers - cute, right? Had to have!


Since this is the one I most desired, I used this one immediately. What I loved about this head wrap (and the nautical themed one) is the dip at the base of it, where it tends to slip.


With the added width at base of the neck, the head wrap stays in place - all it needs (as with any other wrap) is a few bobby pins at the sides. Ohhhh I LOVE!

The next was the nautical themed head wrap with black polka dots on a white background on one side and on the reverse, white helms with yellow accents on a navy blue background.


P.S. I love polka dots...can you tell? Finally - I chose the Betty Boop themed head wrap. Honestly, she is the OG cartoon Pinup. I love the Betty Boop wrap because it showcases the famous comic with her dog, Bimbo, in a fabulous wiggle dress with a passerby longing for her AND it has black polka dots against a white background...YES! The reverse side is the name / logo Betty Boop with white polka dots on a red background. This wrap does not have a thick base at the nape of the neck, however it is longer and thicker than the other two I purchased. The longer head wrap is also ideal because I still can't make a bow with the shorter ones :( I'm not sure if it's my technique or if it is because I have a big head...but the Betty Boop head wrap gives the extra room to tie off a lovely bow...even if it is a bit small :) 

Note the difference in length



I constantly see Miss Judy putting up her new head wraps - I wish I had an unlimited budget. I see so many dresses, accessories, shoes and purses that I want from many different vendors that I have to control myself! Hard to do...but a necessity. My purchases from  Cupiecakesgumdrop Boutique arrived quickly. They are one of a kind...she may only make a few, so snatch them up when you see one you want! I've only recently started to follow Miss Judy...but I believe I've seen silk night caps, aprons and hair pieces. I'm very happy with my purchases and the quality of her products. She also posts different ways to display your new purchase. :)

Hope you find her as wonderful to do business with as I did.



Finally (an added bonus) she sent my head wraps with a fabulous tote! A Rebecca Minkoff canvas tote made for small business owners. What a lovely and thoughtful surprise when I received my order. Thank you, Judy!!

Canvas Tote





Adding some decoration to the pin curls before bed


Enjoy!

Essentially,

Evie

Comments

  1. Such a lovely surprise. I am humbled and touched darling. My heart is full of joy to know you are happy and love my headwraps as much as I love making them. Thank you doll! ❤️ Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'll be back for another round soon! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts