January Favorites

Since I've been on a clothes buying ban, I've ventured into purchasing more make up and it's freed up a little bit of cash to go out and do things.....go figure :p

Here is a small list of my favorites for the month of January.

Clothing:

I purchased the Black & White Long Sleeve Bow Knit Sweater Top in December when Unique Vintage did daily deals. It's light but give just the right amount of warmth. Vegas wasn't too cold, so I noticed I would break this beauty out often. However, it's starting to get darn chilly now!


I've received so many compliments on this sweater...I feel like I need one in every color...but I don't believe they are offered in other colorways.

Book(s):

In case you missed it, I've finally finished the Harry Potter series. I started back in September. They were also in my December favorites. With limited time to read everyday....I made sure to to at least read "X" amount of pages every single day. Some days I could read more pages and others...not so much. I will agree with the craze...these books are fantastic and I'm glad that I read them...even years later! Totally an emotional roller coaster!


TV Show:

Do you know what's come back on TV??!! Marvel's Agent Carter (Tuesday nights on ABC) - I mean...what more do you need than a superbly dressed secret agent!? This season, Peggy Carter is in Hollywood, which a.) I love seeing familiar places and b.) adds to the glamour that Peggy carries through the series. If you haven't seen it, check it out! They seem to have taken the first season off of Hulu, but season two is up!


Movie:

A friend of mine told me that we should go see The Night Before. I had no clue what it was about, never heard of it or who was in it. She showed me the trailer and I was laughing to the point where I insisted that we go to $6 movie night. It has Jason Gordon Levitt, Seth Rogan & Anthony Mackie. It's a Christmas themed movie...so we were late to the party since we were well past the holiday when we watched it. I mean, it's not going to be nominated for Movie of the Year...but I love to laugh....so I thought I'd pass on the info since I had never heard of it, maybe you haven't either. Keep your eye on Redbox!


Place:

A couple of weeks back, my hubs and I met some friends at Serendipity. The food was delicious but lets get real....it's all about the desserts! I think the next time we go, I'll forego dinner and fill my tummy with this deliciousness - you're welcome!


Makeup: 

Finally...the makeup section!! I've run into quite a few products that I picked up during the month of January.

I wish I would have taken note of who posted in one of the many Facebook pages I'm apart of. But there was a lovely gal who pulled me in with her makeup routine and I had to have what she used!

First: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness Correcting Creme - $32 at Ulta

This little container packs a very powerful punch. I definitely struggle with acne and redness. This product's coverage is AMAZEBALLS. I know it's for spot treatment....but I tend to use it all over. It's smooth, creamy and most of all full coverage!!


Second: Dior Star Fluid Foundation $50 per bottle at Sephora

Another very smooth application. Very light weight and non-greasy. I love that a little goes a long way....especially since it's $50 for a bottle. But you most certainly get what you pay for. It's luxury on my face. Also full coverage and it smells lovely, which I feel is a plus because who wants something sour smelling on their face!!?


Finally: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner $22 at Ulta

I've tried so many liquid liners and they all start off promising. After a couple weeks....something irritates me about the latest liner I've purchased. However, after sitting down with the lovely Amber Joy for December's Edition of Sippin' & Socializing where she mentions her favorite eye liner, I've decided to give it a whirl. Let me tell you folks...she was not kidding! I went to Ulta on January 2nd to grab this little guy and here I am a month later and no complaints! Great recommendation and now I pass along to you.

Person:

My last favorite of January....this lovely, lovely lady named Miss Amy May. I mean seriously.....she was so sweet to agree to let me interview her via Skype. And then she let me steal over two hours of her time! In case you missed it, you can read the full interview here.

This blog was written while sipping:
Vodka & passion fruit juice
No glasses were harmed in the making of this blog
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. I'm going to try that eye liner. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try that eye liner. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for discovering the awesomeness that is Harry Potter. When the 7th book came out, my sister and I were on vacation with our entire extended family, but we still went to the bookstore at midnight and got our copies! I read a lot faster than her, so I was getting to the end by like 4AM. I got to That Part and had to go into the bathroom and cry so I wouldn't spoil the ending for her!

    That sweater looks lovely on you! Now I wish I hadn't passed it up…

    <3!
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I are watching the movies now....I like them, but as always, the books are better!

      Keep you eye out, I'm sure there will be more sales where you can snag up that sweater....it's awesome!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts