Weekend Wrap Up - Tester Tuesday Combo

The weekends come and go too quickly. I've decided I want to be rich and everyday can be the weekend....who's with me?

Sad to say that's not in my stars at the moment. What I do have is a great husband and great friends! We kept Friday night low key knowing we'd be going out with our friends on Saturday. Yesterday was the type of day where we kept off our electronics for most of the night to enjoy each other's company. So today you get a two-fer. :)

Weekend Wrap Up

We ventured to a new restaurant downtown called La Comida. I wanted to go there mainly because their sign is a neon monkey skeleton, who doesn't love that?! Plus the bar area look inviting, it was practically calling my name.

I don't know why, but whenever we have Mexican food I have to try the fajitas. I don't think I'm on a quest for the best damn fajitas in town, but who knows...maybe I am. My hubs always knows right away what I'll be getting if he sees that fajitas are on the menu. What can I say...creature of habit?? Sad to say they were't my favorite. They were pretty good, but not the best I've had, but I'd say they were  pretty decent. However, my husband's flautas were very tasty!! He let me have a nibble and I wanted more! His review of his nachos weren't that great either...maybe they were just having an off night? We each had a drink with dinner to start our night out! After leaving the downtown area, we headed over to the SLS (former Sahara) to catch a concert with our friends.
A few years ago the hubs and I saw Buckcherry in concert in Long Beach at the Ink & Iron Festival. We were both fans of Buckcherry until that night. This Festival is a family show. Granted, Buckcherry didn't go on until around 10pm or so, but there were still littles around. When the lead singer started to shout "When I say CO you say CAIN" - we both looked at each other and thought WTF!? Maybe it's just us...but we both found it to be wildly inappropriate. But...we got the invite and decided to go.

Cherry headband from Etsy and Cherry T-Shirt by Steady
Buckcherry wasn't horrible, but to be honest...I had copious amounts of booze by this point. Good times....until Sunday morning rolled around. Oof, Sunday was a rough one.

Tester Tuesday

This Tester Tuesday comes as a semi-fail. Not the product itself, but on me for not knowing how to use my camera to its full capacity and not utilizing lighting correctly.

One of my Christmas presents was from Santa - aka my Mom :) It was a pack by Connoisseurs. The pack includes two Diamond Dazzle Stiks and one pack of jewelry wipes. The pack contains 25 wipes. I decided to test the Dazzle Stik first. Below are my engagement ring and wedding ring:


The Dazzle Stik has three steps: wet brush, apply blue cleaner to jewelry, rinse / dry. This really is a quick and easy way to make your jewelry sparkle. Their website says there is a special polymer in the formula that fills tiny scratches in the setting and mounting of your precious gems. This is supposed to reduce build-up during future wear and it is to keep you jewels sparkling.

The cleaner is a white-ish / blue with a bit of a grainy texture to it

I didn't use the flash because I didn't want the light to reflect off the diamonds, but I promise....in person it sparkles!!! I guess it didn't help that I did this review at night and not during the day where I can compare the two in natural sunlight.

I used the wipes on my husband's wedding band....but my forever shaky hand can only obtain blurry pictures - yay me! :-/

This one might have to be a retest to show you the difference with the right lighting....but now I have to wait for my rings to get dirty again.

Did you have a great weekend? What did you do?
Do you have an at home inexpensive way to clean your jewelry? What do you use?

Cheers to you and have a good night!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Wow, sounds like a fun night out! I seriously miss going out for Mexican food in the Southwest. I've tried a couple of Chicago places out, but it's not quite the same. Jewelry is so hard to photograph! I spent half the drive to Chicago working on taking the perfect ring selfie, hehe. Your ring set is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts