Life Hacks - First Edition

We've all seen them....Pinterest DIY's, how to's and other eye catching photos that link you to websites that show you that "hey, all you need is a few household items and you can be saving money"!

One in particular caught my eye because I tend to be careless when disrobing and not worrying about the transfer of deodorant onto my pretty dresses....le sigh.

Pft....I have the mother load of dryer sheets. I have the Costco size box, or should I say boxes, of Bounce dryer sheets. So, I figured, lets give this a whirl together and see what we come up with .

A few days ago, I wore my Collectif Trixie Doll  dress. When I got home, I was tired and just wanted to throw on some pj's and get into my bed, curl  up and rest my bones.

I don't know about you, but I beat myself up the next morning after I realize how careless I was the night before when I sometimes see my clothes in a jumbled heap on the floor. Again...le sigh. When will I learn?

For whatever reasons, I decided to pull my dress over my head leaving me with the dreaded white streaks that are left from my Dove deodorant. Grrrr baby, very grrrr.

...and here we are....wanting to know if this Life Hack really works. Well....let's find out!

  

When you click on the above photos, you'll see the larger version of the photo to see the details...don't cringe, I'm only human. 

From what I read on several different sites, you are supposed to "crumple" the dryer sheet and rub against the deodorant and voila! Instantly your white streaky lines disappear as if it were magic. 

LIES!!! See the video below - you'll see that I've attempted to follow those directions. Not sure if you can tell, but it looks like the freakin' dryer sheet left more white residue....ARGH! I took a paper towel and almost start to rub...but figured that the paper towel would crumble in the line of duty...so I did my best with what I had. 


almost used a used dryer sheet...wonder if that would have worked better. This might be a life hack that needs to be revisited. But as for attempt number one...FAIL!! Have any of you tried this life hack? If so, hook a sista up and her know what I did wrong! ;-/

Trying a little something different-
writing my blog during the day and
drinking coffee!

This blog was written while sipping:
Tully's Italian Roast Coffee with
some Bailey's Irish Creamer (non-alcoholic)
I'm at work people!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Cheers!

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Oh man, I was totally hoping this would work! I'm sorry it just made things worse :'( -- that's so frustrating. I switched to clear-gel deodorant a few years back (sorry if TMI!) because I got so sick of dealing with those marks on my clothes. My little sister still uses the white kind and I pretty much can't lend her things because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! However, I did some more research and one girl did say to use a used dryer sheet....so I will retest. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts