Weekend Wrap Up

Phew....I had quite the weekend!! Thursday afternoon my husband tells me we have tickets to see Awolnation...um...eff yeah!!! Who am I to turn down tickets to go see an awesome band?

I also went to a Super Bowl Party...I'm not a huge football fan, so it was kind of lost on me, but the people watching was interesting lol.

BUT the BEST part of my weekend was going to a Pinup Posh Party!!

First...you know what I love?? I love good people. Since moving back to Vegas, I've met so many wonderful and lovely people. I met Larissa through a class that we both attended at Amber Joy's Vintage Closet. At that point, I had only met her once, but we became Instagram friends and then it felt like we'd known each other for a while. After a while, I ended up meeting her sister....I mean her mom (but really, they look like sisters). So not only did I meet one good person...I met two! SCORE!!

I was invited to an event they were co-hosting: Pinup Posh Party. I wasn't 100% sure what it was, and quite honestly, I didn't care. This meant I would get to dress up to go socialize and meet other lovely ladies....I'm sold!! As the event got closer, posts went up about what it was and what you can buy....etc., etc. What I didn't know is how even more awesome Larissa & her mom, Shannon, really are!!

I got the party and quickly realized that Shannon and Larissa know how to be great hostesses. I mean...c'mon, how awesome are these drink stations??



 

I was told that this was infused with pineapple for a couple weeks.
When I poured myself a cup, I didn't realize it was straight vodka,
but it was delicious! 
I made my way over the table full of products and everything smelled scrumptious! I was told that Perfectly Posh is comparable to Lush. I have not been able to compare just yet, but I can see where the parallels reside.


I currently have about $120 in my virtual cart - which is a bit too much for me. However, that being said, you know that there were some great products to sample and even more to choose on the web site if I can't stop adding to my cart!

So you are probably asking yourself why I just adore Larissa & Shannon....and if you're not asking yourself that...you should :)

There was a break in the party when Shannon wanted to make sure she thanked everyone for attending and to make sure to recognize a great person and her great friend, Kylie. This party was a fundraiser for Kylie (who is also the Perfectly Posh rep). Kylie was super helpful and a wealth of knowledge when I had questions about the products. But when Shannon made a small speech, Kylie was nothing but thankful and humble. Kylie has Lyme Disease. It was explained to us that even though she may not look sick, it's actually is quite taxing on the body. Kylie was a support system for Larissa, Shannon and Mario (their dad/husband) during hard times and Shannon wanted to pay it forward. Shannon said that Kylie is the first person to reach out and help others no matter what is going on in her life. I don't know about you, but I find these people rare. Their goal for the Pinup Posh Party was to get everyone to purchase at least $33 worth of product. Kylie will use the commission to seek treatment since good ol' insurance doesn't cover everything. Even more awesome??? If you purchase 5 items, you get 1 item free (the individual lip balms are excluded). Nothing in their catalog is over $25 and let me tell you, it is hard to not go crazy!!

My first items that I will be purchasing are:

Impish Eyes - $19.00 Because we live in Vegas and there are many late nights.


Shine Bright Like A Diamond - $19.00 - Because I realize wrinkles are happening. I wish I would have done something about them sooner.
Apricots Overnight $22 - I don't have a nightly routine and this seems like a good place to start!
Moisturize 911 $17 - I'm always on the lookout for things that "tighten and brighten" my face!!
I'm super excited to test out these products and review them for you. Like I said, there are a ton of items that I want, but these are my top 4. What I was able to sample....oof, so good, can't say enough good things about them. This fundraiser will remain open for two weeks. Just click here to shop and when you place your order you will see an "Event" drop down. Select Shannon & Larissa's Fundraiser for Kylie's Lyme Treatment as shown below:

I loved, loved, loved this event and the lovely ladies who hosted it.

Larissa, Shannon & Kylie (photo taken from Shannon's Facebook)
What's that behind them?? Oh, just another reason why Larissa & Shannon are freakin' awesome:


They created a Money Tree to go towards Kylie's treatments too! I never have cash on me...this time, I'm so happy that I had a few green backs to share <3

Even if you can't purchase $33 worth of product - every little bit helps. It's a great cause and great products! Everyone wins...woot woot!!

This blog was written while drinking water because I've been
drinking since Thursday night....oye. BUT I'll leave you with
these amazing vodka soaked gummy bears/worms from the
party. They are a silent creeper, but DELISH!
Again, a great big THANK YOU to Shannon & Larissa, makes me happy to know people with such large hearts still exist <3

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts