Weekend Wrap Up - Valentine's Day Edition

So...I totally forgot that it was a long holiday weekend. On Sunday, I knew I had a weekend wrap up to write on Monday...but then Monday came and it was a very lazy day and it totally went to the wayside. Ooopsie :)

At any rate, I have a nice looooong President's Day weekend. I left work at around 1:30 on Thursday and I didn't have to go back to work until this morning.....so nice. Thursday night my hubs and I went to downtown to Backstage Bar & Billiards (Triple B) for some live music and fun! We ended our night at a bar around the corner called Sidebar for some eats and more drinks. We drank until wee hours of the morning and didn't get to sleep until about 6am. We used to do that often...but you know age, work and stupid responsibilities take hold. It was nice to have all night fun again :)

But the big event this weekend was Valentine's Day. I saw so many comments on social medias on how some people don't like Valentine's because you should love your significant other everyday and other posts with similar messages. I said it on my Facebook and I'll say it here - I love and cherish my husband daily. I don't know what it is about Valentine's Day, but I love it. I love, LOVE! I guess it's nice to have a day where you can set aside time to have a special dinner and to spend with your significant other. I mean, we try to do that anyway...but life always inserts itself where not wanted.

We started our evening at a restaurant my hubs found downtown called Therapy. Before I continue, please note that I wanted to hurry up and take the pictures so 1.) I could enjoy my husband's company and 2.) eat all the noms that were presented in front of my face!


We started off with an appitizer - Devils On Horseback: Soft truffle goat cheese and almond stuffed dates wrapped in bacon in romesco sauce.

Like I said...I wanted all the noms. This had a much prettier display, but we dug in real quick!
Therapy also had three bottles of wine on special. Each bottle was $25 - really?? That's an awesome price as alcohol usually is quite pricey in restaurants, let alone on a holiday.


I really liked the ambiance inside Therapy. It's well lit, but not overly done so you can still get a romantic setting if you were on a date. 


I love open kitchens!
We did get a salad - Therapy Signature Salad: radish, granny smith apples, candied walnuts with blue cheese crumbles, tossed in a red wine vinaigrette....but I failed to get a picture of it. Womp womp.

Our entrees....omg our entrees!!! Hubs got Therapy's Signature Bone In Pork Chop: Cinnamon apple compote, served with mustard mashed potato & roasted jus:


I got the Sliced Chimichurri Steak: Marinated for 8 hours in lime, jalepeno, cilantro garlic and olive oil. Served with a chimichuuri sauce and fried onion strings:


We ordered a side of Fire Roasted Carrots: roasted brown butter, topped with vanilla bourbon maple syrup, feta cheese and tiny raw carrots:


Everything was SO DELICIOUS and reasonably priced.....always a bonus! We were thankful that neither one of us over ate since we still wanted to drink over at Sidebar while we enjoyed live music.


Lounge Orphans were out on the patio jammin' when we arrived. Bummer it was a bit windy:


We also stayed to watch The Union Drifters. We are suckers for live music...even bigger suckers for great live music!! Unfortunately, my video of The Union Drifters won't upload....sad panda. But if you click on their link, they have videos there :) Or you can click here to see my video of Brown Eyed Girl. The bar was very dimly lit, so the quality isn't all that great....but you'll get the gist :)

We ended our night and went to the hotel I booked for us....which will be up this week as February's Pinup About Town! Stayed tuned <3

Essentially, 

Evie xoxo


Comments

  1. Wow, it looks like you guys had a wonderful Valentine's Day!! All that food looked amazing. I made bacon-wrapped dates on V-Day, but Therapy's look way better than mine did, hehe.

    I agree with you on Valentine's Day -- yes, it's important to show love all year round, but why turn down an opportunity to slow down, live in the moment, and celebrate? Can't wait to read your post on the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts