This Girl Is On Fire!

I have about 4 new blog posts started - but every time I go to add to or complete at post I keep getting distracted by wanting to add more information or I start a blog so I don't forget a topic. I've been frustrated with myself because I want to have a more consistent time frame with my blog and keep it up-to-date. Frustration comes from my husband and I living apart, with going on job interviews and not getting a permanent position. But alas, everything happens for a reason and I need to remember that.

As I said, I have several blogs waiting to be finished and published - but I thought I would take a minute and step back to reflect on the past two months. In my introductory post Welcome, I mention my lack of enthusiasm to get dressed every morning for work. Honestly....who cares??!! Apparently, I DO! I feel so many of us fall into this slump. I didn't know I cared until I started to get up and do my hair and make up.

I'll save you the "Pete & Repeat" antics of my previous post and cut to the chase. When you put in the effort, you feel good about you and that's what matters the most. Then somewhere along the way, as you strut on your own personal catwalk, other people start to notice. All of a sudden you become this peacock (yeah, I know it's the males with all the pretty colors...but still). You hold your head higher, you stand a little straighter and a special energy fills you. I "poo" you not, friends! In addition to people in my office, who see the obvious difference, strangers have approached me to comment on my outfit of the day. I work across the street from a mall. I usually walk around during my lunch hour and one day last week I went in to Bloomingdale's for some retail therapy at the MAC counter. Not one, not two but three employees from other makeup counters came to compliment my dress:

Dress: 

Black & White Fight Or Flight Fit N Flare Dress by Folter

Purchased at Unique Vintage

I felt like magic! I mean, who wouldn't!? I most certainly had a little more pep to my step the rest of the day.

As mentioned previously - we are relocating to back Las Vegas. I've been taking time off to go on interviews and such. Of course when I started to fill in my mom of the events, she tells me to "tone it down" and perhaps not be so extreme in my attire until after I get a job. I love her, but was a tad bit offended. But...alas, my mother has always been right. So I took her advice. I have a couple of dresses from Mod Cloth that I thought were interview appropriate and used both. Nothing came of those interviews.

This past Monday I had a couple of interviews....one with a company in the same industry I am in now and doing the same job. This time I had a new purchase in tow - the Orange Poppy Hepburn dress by Lady Vintage:


This dress also gets all kinds of compliments when I wear it. This post isn't about the dress - but trust me, I will get to it!!

In my first interview I was told "That dress is fly!" - complete with the finger point! Yeah, this guy took it back and used the word fly...made me giggle. In my second interview, the woman told me that my dress was "lovely and elegant."

Usually my mother is always right - but in this case she was so incredibly wrong!!! So much so, in fact, that not 24 hours later I received the phone call I was waiting for...I HAVE A JOB IN LAS VEGAS!

It most certainly wasn't the dress that got me the job, but now I consider this lovely dress my lucky dress. I most certainly will be blogging while ranting and raving about this beautiful piece, but for now - I'm holding my head higher, standing a bit straighter and radiating excitement while strutting on my own personal catwalk!

Until next time <3

Essentially,

Evie

Comments

Popular Posts