10 Random Facts About Me

I thought I'd try a little something new this week - mainly because I love getting to read more about the people that I follow. I love to see all different walks of life have a common ground and perhaps a hobby or two in common :)

By no means do I think I'm that interesting, but thought it would be fun to share some tid bits. So...here goes nothin':

1. I was born & raised in Southern California in the Greater Los Angeles area. I lived in San Diego for ten years and lived in nearly each sub-city of San Diego. Moved to Las Vegas for three years, then to Los Angeles for three years and now we are happy to say we are sure we consider Las Vegas home.

A couple of friends of mine walk the strip weekly, I love this photo I captured
2. I was born just a few days before John Lennon was murdered. Also, I was born on Thanksgiving. My mom says they wrapped me in a turkey blanket. Most years my birthday will fall on a day that most people get as a paid holiday from work (yay office jobs), so I tell people that my birth was so important that it was scheduled around a holiday so everyone can still get paid and celebrate me :)

My Dad got this pic with me and a magazine after Lennon was murdered
3. I was put into T-ball...I don't recall if I wanted to play or was just put into the activity, but I remember hating it. It was a co-ed team. It was me and one other girl - of course the other girl was the coach's daughter. All I remember was that the boys used to call me Jackass and the coach never played me. So...clearly, I wasn't into it and I wasn't very good. I just wanted to dance in the outfield.
Dancing in the outfield

Clearly, T-ball was NOT my thing

4. I was always in some form of an extra curricular activity. I did gymnastics, tap and jazz. It was when I got to Jr. High that I discovered Tall Flags. I was able to perform in parades during the fall and in a gymnasium during the winter. It later led to Colorguard in high school and a youth band called The Sound Machine my sophomore to junior year. My junior to senior year I joined an independent group called the Santa Clara Vanguard. With this group I toured all over the United States rehearsing from sun up until way past its setting. On show days we'd perform stadiums filled with thousands of fans, competing with other drum corps. I also did winterguard with Esperanza De Luz and Lealta. I also taught colorguard for eleven years at various high schools in San Diego.

5th grade talent show - I believe it was a Paula Abdul song
Tall Flags - Jr. High
5. I used to love to scrapbook - however, with life getting in the way and the lack of time to dedicate to such  hobby, it has fallen to the wayside. Might be a blessing in disguise though, I used to spend a lot of money on this hobby...but now it goes towards clothes.


6. I love to read! As mentioned above - there is a lack of time, so to ensure that I read, I give myself the goal to reading at least ten pages a day. I slowly but surely get through books, but I'm glad that I do put that time aside for reading. I used to hate to read. One day I realized I could read a magazine cover to cover and then thought...I'd probably really like biographies / autobiographies, and I was right! Although they are still my favorite to read, I find that as time goes on, I've branched out on my reading interests.  I am currently reading Unbroken.


7. I'm a social butterfly. Oh hey you - over there - you look like a sweet ass person, I think I'm going to talk to you....and then I do. I can make friends nearly everywhere I go. There are few situations where I might be shy...but give it about ten to twenty minutes, I open up real quick (even quicker if you give me a drink)!

Making friends at a bar during Halloween
My calendar is always full. I have my planned my upcoming weekends out months ahead of time. So if you are in town last minute, I'll do my best to see you - but there will be no guarantee. This little lady is in demand and I hardly say no to an invitation.

8. I love birthdays. Obviously I love mine the most :p Most people hate getting older, I happen to love it. But I love planning parties, giving gifts and seeing pure happiness brought into peoples lives - even if they don't enjoy birthdays as much as I do. My husband can take or leave his birthday but I go nuts. For his last birthday, I planned his 7 Deadly Sins party for over a year.....and let me tell you it was fantastic!

Wrath
Pride
Envy
Lust
Greed
9. My favorite color (such a dull fact, but commonly asked) is black. I know it's not necessarily a color....rather a combination of all colors, but it just goes with everything. I wanted to have black walls growing up - but my mother, the wise one she is, said that teenagers have enough to deal with and coming home to black walls wouldn't be a good idea. I settled for a dark blue. *Side note, a secondary favorite color is red. So classic, how do you go wrong with red?!*

10. I'm an impulsive buyer. I don't often have buyers remorse because I do find use for everything. I have turning into my mother and LOVE QVC - even more so when items are on easy pay :) I only have returned hand full of items, but generally end up with silly things that make me happy :)

And there you have it - a little bit of me! Until next week...

Essentially,

Evie



Comments

Popular Posts