Saving Locas Worldwide!

So....I was MIA for a bit. I unfortunately lost a family member - needless to say blogging was not on the top of my to-do-list. I attended family services last week and said my goodbyes. Although it was very nice to see and visit with family all in one place - it was for an unfortunate reason.

I didn't really know what to blog about on after my mini hiatus. Posting some of the things that I had in mind didn't seem fitting to me for some reason. But, that quickly was alleviated when I saw a post from a friend on Instagram. She is the owner of Legendary Empowerment (IG profile). I met this beautiful soul at Amber Joy's (of Amber Joy's Vintage Closet - another beautiful soul!) posing / hair & make-up class lead by Rockwell DeVil (also has an amazing beautiful soul!)

Hair & Makeup Class @ Amber Joy's
At any rate...I've had my eye on the Wonder Chola line at Legendary Empowerment (website) for a while. A couple weeks ago, I was stalking the website...but remembered the liquid matte lipstick that was recommended by both of these lovelies that bares the same name: Wonder Chola. I ended up buying the liquid matte lipstick because I need more lipstick....riiiight? (How could I not for $12?) And as a side note....my mom loved the product as well and moms are always right :)

Wonder Chola by Vivid Addiction
But I also wanted to buy the Wonder Chola baseball tee! But I only have so much money - ugh, why can't I be rich! Fridays is when I usually buy a little something for myself that I've been eye-balling. And this past week, I saw this beautiful post on IG and I knew it was my time to get my hands on that Wonder Chola baseball tee!


The type is too small to read, but this is what she wrote:

I would really like to cut a check for @nina916 tomorrow and send it out to her. Please help me raise money for her by buying (now) any Wonder Chola product at the store link in my bio. 100% profit goes to her. I only keep production costs. No profit made on my end. She has stage 4 breast cancer for a second time and has a young beautiful daughter and husband. Can u imagine doing over a year of chemo, told u are cancer free then soon after told u are stage 4 YET AGAIN?! I can not wrap my head around it. She is a warrior. Strong spirit and very positive. I just want to give back to her as she gives me INSPIRATION, hope, and so much more then she realizes. I appreciate this woman for allowing us to come into her life. U have been such a blessing to us Zalma. We love u! My store link is in my bio. Be selfless. Bless others. Give back. U never know when u may need the help yourself. #teamzalma #fuckcancer#werewithyouzalma #fightlikealegend#pinkisntalwayspretty ((((PLEASE SHARE ON FB, IG, ETC. WE WILL CONTINUE RAISING MONEY FOR HER)))) @NINA916#wonderchola #legendaryempowerment


Obviously inspiring, right? I, of course, went online right away and purchased my baseball tee. Everyone wins, I got a shirt I've been eyeing and Zalma gets money towards her next treatment. Not to mention it was something that hit a soft spot because not only do I have family members and a few friends that have been affected by breast cancer, but the thought of having recently lost someone (not to breast cancer) really made me want to help someone who is still fighting the good fight. It may not be a lot, but it is something. Everything helps! 

Like I said - I got the baseball tee but there are a few items in the Wonder Chola line, should the baseball tee not suit your fancy.


 There are two styles in the form of tank tops - each at $25. I don't own either, so I can't review the items....however, if they are anything like the baseball tee:


This $30 baseball tee comes in several colors: black, blue and red. However, the website is currently limited, but I'm told will be restocked towards the end of next month. Let me tell you...this tee is COMFY. I am fortunate enough to be casual at work. I generally dress up, but I was so excited to get it that I HAD TO wear my new Wonder Chola tee!  On my drive home yesterday, I was hotter than hell (car AC is crappin' out) and wanted nothing more than to change out of my clothes....but my tee was comfy I didn't want to take it off. I've only worn it once and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. AND I wore it proudly knowing I had a small part in helping a sista out!

Proceeds from the Wonder Chola line from Legendary Empowerment are still going towards Zalma. My heart is full with all the good that Legendary Empowerment is doing <3 Go get your hands on some Wonder Chola!!


Fits perfectly

LOL so serious
Also, if you know of anyone who would be interested in any of the Wonder Chola products, please pass on the info!

All the best to the rest of your days / weeks.

Essentially, 

Evie 

Comments

Popular Posts