Elbow, elbow....wrist, wrist, wrist!

I'm the worst...I know! Two weeks is just too long to go without an update - at least for me....this blog has become a great outlet for me.

Work just gets in the way of life!! I've always wondered why I wasn't born rich so I can just buy pretty things and work out all day so I can eat all the delicious foods out there. But alas, work is here for me and it will be there tomorrow....was a bit of a stressful time, but it's slowed down a bit, but not by much!!

I've been up to a lot!! Weekends jam packed with fun, family and friends! However, I've been one big ball of nerves!!

At the beginning of Summer I met the fabulous Amber Joy of Amber Joy's Vintage Closet (who...b.t.dubs is going through some awesome changes with her business...so stay tuned!) and I attended a couple of her events and would stop by the shop every now and again to drop by to say hello. Through face-to-face encounters and via Instagram (after much hesitation) I decided to sign up for her 2nd Annual Pin Up Pageant.

Photo taken from: http://bestevents.us/las-vegas-2nd-annual-pin-up-pageant-amberjoys/607700
I'm nervous and excited....I mean, I'm 34 and damn near close to turning 35 and I'm entering a Pinup Pageant?! HELL YES I AM! To be totally honest, I'm super excited....until October 1st hits and then I'll be a big ol' ball of nerves / stress / emotions!

The official flyer featuring last year's winner Sinthia Sterling

I'm so nervous / excited I've got nervous pee syndrome just thinking about it!! I honestly didn't think I'd make the top 20...but I got the email saying it was true. I'm still very very new to my lifestyle change....but I love it!!

So now....I'm on a man hunt for a dress. I mean...I have pretties in my closet that shouldn't be over looked, but you know...any reason for a new dress, right? 

The rules state that it will be a recorded event, with a red carpet and interviews on your outfit. And the attire is authentic vintage or formal vintage repro.

So...I do what any other gal would do...scour the internet for a beautiful dress. I follow Vintage Dresses  on Instagram and have salivated and practically licked my screen to claim a dress as mine on a few that they've posted. 




Each of the above three dresses has me doing happy dances in different ways....but they do not say where one can obtain these lovelies. Sad panda. 

Most authentic formal dresses (I find) have a high price tag....which I totally understand. I know I don't need an authentic vintage dress for the event...but I kind of really want one!

I'm thinking my go-to would be my lovely P.U.G. Birdie Dress...I love her. She was my first - so it would only be fitting, right?

I just don't know where to even begin?! I feel a little overwhelmed by it all. Any thoughts on where to shop for a lovely authentic dress would be greatly appreciated....or even if you think I should just stick with a reproduction and / or give my Birdie more love <3 Also, comments for a first time pageant participant would be welcomed with open arms. 

Finally, if you live in or will be visiting the Las Vegas area on October 3rd and this sounds like a knock down, kick in the teeth fun time and you're asking...where can I find tickets to this AWESOME EVENT?? Look no further my friends - just click here! See you on the flip-side!


Essentially,

Evie <3



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts