I Never Knew?!

Ask any girl....I bet you she has her favorite / go-to piece(s) in her closet.

When I started to change out my work slacks for lovely dresses, I had this one favorite that I wore constantly. Not to work....it's a little too boob-a-licious for work attire. But any time we went out or got an invite somewhere...I had my go to black / white dress.

Of course, I loved it so much I had to take my engagement pictures in it! Sad panda moment, I was running late (shocker) and I forgot the belt. So imagine this dress with an black fabric elastic belt with a white button fastener.


We took our engagement photos at the Neon Museum in Las Vegas. If you don't know what the Neon Museum is, it's where classic and iconic neon signs that no longer have a home, get a second chance. It's actually a really awesome place. If you ever are in Las Vegas - GO!


As mentioned in previous posts....I've only acquired my new wardrobe about 10 months ago. However, I did have a dress or two that I picked up for special occasions - this dress being one of them.

I'm not a fan of halter dresses. Whenever I tie the back, there is always a huge knot - even if I don't make it a bow and let the strings fall long.  If I am wearing my hair down, it makes my hair look lumpy and if it's up, it just looks like a big knotted mess in the back. PLUS when tied to ample boobage support, out comes the chub at the sides...ooof, can't win.

However, this dress is not of the traditional "tie it in a knot, tie it in a bow" type halter. It just goes over your head and sits lovely around your neck. The over-sized collar was what sold me on this dress. It's a simple dress but with a statement!


This dress has quite a bit of stretch so it is very comfortable. I have also paired it with a cardigan and put the over-sized collar over to create a totally different look. Thought I had pictures of that...but apparently I don't.

I went to wear this dress a couple months back and realized it was a Steady Clothing dress! I never knew! I just saw the dress, loved it and bought it. Why I looked at the label recently is beyond me...but now I can say that this was my very first piece of Steady Clothing. I have search far and wide and can not find this dress to link you to. I think I purchased it about three / four years ago??? If you know the name of this dress, let me know :)


And of course, a BIG THANK YOU to my wonderful, beautiful and talented friend Ann of Ann H Photo for taking our photos. 

Do you have anything in your closet you didn't know you had??

Until next time friends!

Essentially,

Evie <3


Comments

Popular Posts