A Best Friends Birthday Surprise (Part Dos)

In a quick summary - I surprised by best friend with a trip to Vegas for her 35th birthday. I decided to do 35 things in celebration. View part one here.

We woke up Monday morning and lazily sat around and eventually getting ready. We were up and out of the house at around 11. Let the envelope opening continue - however, as you'll see, we got more and more lazy with photo taking :p

First stop - The Flamingo

Did you know there is an actual habitat at the Flamingo??!! Yeah...how long have I lived here and I never knew that?? I guess I never went to the Flamingo to ever notice. It's a pretty tranquil environment. They also have ducks and turtles...can't go wrong with that!



What ended up being number 16 of 35 Margaritaville! Mmmmm.....food was most certainly necessary by this point.

MargaritavilleThe Strip24 Hours

http://www.margaritavillelasvegas.com/
We went for lunch - if you've never been....DELICIOUS Bloody Mary's. 


17 & 18 go hand and hand. We walked over to the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. There are two attractions there. We found out that they were right next to each other. The first is a huge 50,000 gallon aquarium. There are some HUGE fish, some stingrays and even a few sharks. I don't know what it is about aquariums, but I can stare at them forever. We tried to get fish in the background...but just wasn't happening.

50,000 AquariumThe Forum Shops24 HoursFree
The Fall Of AtlantisThe Forum Shops11:00 AMFree


The second part was the Fall of Atlantis fountain show located right in front of the aquarium. No lie....this show is hokey! The animated characters were falling apart and are in need of some serious TLC, but it was something neither of us had never done!




 My BFF and I have a ton of inside jokes....as I'm sure you do with your bestie. And a lot of our sayings come from Friends.....who doesn't love a good Ross & Rachel joke?!

Not too long ago, I noticed that there were Friends slot machines. Um...YES PLEASE. So naturally, I took her to gamble a bit. When in Vegas you must gamble a bit, right??

Play Friends SlotsThe Mirage24 Hours
www.mirage.com


Walking back across the street for number 20 - we went over to Carnival Court.

Carnival CourtCarnival Court11am - 3amFree
https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-las-vegas/things-to-do/nightlife-carnaval-court

I've been to this place during the day to watch live bands and to be entertained by the flair bartenders. Well...I guess this place isn't as happenin' in October on a Monday. I had tried to see if there was going to be live music before hand...but of course, I could not find any info. When we got there....we were told there would be music at 3....a good two hours away. Bleh. Soooo we sat for a bit and rested our tootsies. We got real classy and ordered sodas - only to spike them at our table with vodka from our flask :p.


More walking ensues as we headed over to the Palazzo to check out the seasonal atrium. 

Palazzo Waterfall AtriumPalazzo24 HoursFreehttps://www.vegas.com/attractions/on-the-strip/palazzo-waterfall-atrium/

It's really hard to show the beauty that people create....at least for me. My hubby will confirm, I'm the worst photographer lol - always blurry.


At this point...we were starting to get a bit tired, but I had two more things I wanted to check off the birthday list before going home for some R&R before our evening out.

Circus Circus isn't my favorite place to go. First, I'm not a fan of clowns....damn that movie IT...scared the poo out of me when I was a kid. Second, it's not that well kept. I will say though, it's GREAT for kids or for adults who want to be kids for a few hours. There are rides and carnival games. They also have mini shows. We saw a BMX guy - not super impressive, he only has a small space to work with, but entertaining no less.

Circus Circus ActsCircus Circus11:00 AMFree
http://www.circuscircus.com/las_vegas_entertainment/circus_acts.aspx

Our final stop before heading home - number 24. We drove by my favorite building in Las Vegas. It's over by the outlet shopping center near the downtown area. It's the Lou Rovu building. It's a center for brain health. But the architecture is awesome!!

Lou Rovu Building888 W Bonneville Ave, Las Vegas, NV 8910624 HoursFree$0.00http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/neurological_institute/lou-ruvo-brain-health

While we were over there we drove by the Children's Museum and the Smith Center. I haven't been to the Smith Center yet, but just the outside of the building alone it beautiful to look at. 

Phew! We got through 24 things....the time came to go home for a nap. Of course, we curled up on the couch and fell asleep to Clueless....something we used to do years ago :)

When it was time to get up and get ready - I told her she needed to dress like she was going to a club. We got invited to go to my husband's holiday party. It was held at Vanity at the Hard Rock Hotel.

VanityHard Rock Hotel7pm-12amFree
https://www.hardrockhotel.com/party/vanity-nightclub-las-vegas

There were some amazing costumes, delicious food and of course drinks!


We were already getting tired but knowing that time was slipping away....FAST....we needed to get going and continue to cross things off the birthday list!

Getting closer to 35 - for number 26 we headed over the Mandalay Bay. What used to be called "The Hotel" is now the Delano. One of the first places my husband took us to was a place called Mix. It had the most amazing view of Vegas and interesting restrooms. The bar is now called Skyfall. The decor is different, the view is still just as amazing and they kept the restrooms!!

DelanoSky Loungehttp://delanolasvegas.com/dining/skyfall-lounge.aspx

Number 27 isn't going to be for everyone....as I found out. My husband and I love taking our friends to Double Down Saloon. They are famous for their bacon martini....and our favorite...ass juice. I've had the bacon martini....it's like fire down your gullet. But we love the ass juice shot. 

Double Down Saloon4640 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 8916924 Hourshttp://www.doubledownsaloon.com/
You can get the drink on it's own, or you can buy yourself a novelty shot glass. In my opinion, you've got to get the shot glass:


I have no idea why it shows as a green/teal in the photo. In real life, it's a red/brown color. You should buy one and see your surprise at the bottom of the shot glass ;) 

At this point, we were both fading and fading fast! But I had said that she needed to make it to midnight. Stop 28 was at the new Grand Bazaar shops in the front of Bally's. One of the stores there is Swarovski. There is a beautiful Swarovski crystal bedazzled starburst above the store that drops at midnight every night. So you get to experience New Year's Eve every night. We got there about 15 minutes to midnight. 

Swarovski StarburstGrand Canal ShopsMidnightFree$0.00https://www.vegas.com/attractions/on-the-strip/swarovski-starburst/
Thankfully we got there in enough time to watch the Bellagio water show from across the street. Boom....Number 29....crossed off. 

Bellagio FountainsBellagio12pm - 8pmFree$0.00https://www.bellagio.com/en/entertainment/fountains-of-bellagio.html

After watching the rather hokey ball drop, we headed home and pretty much knocked the eff out. 

And then it was suddenly Tuesday morning. OMG I had so many things left to do!! I knew there were gong to be quite a few things that I had planned. So we just played it by ear. We got up and I cooked us breakfast and served us mimosas. 

Since we were going, going, going....my friend said she wanted to check out this foot massage place. $15 bucks for a half hour, um....score!!! We just created our own number 30. If you are in the North Las Vegas area, check out Royal Foot Spa.

I realize this is getting a bit lengthy, but bear with me. I'd hate to make this a three part blog. 

After our very relaxing morning, I took my BFF to number 31. A scenic 13 mile drive of Red Rock Canyon.





Where the scenic drive ends is where our next stop begins.....kind of. Just a few miles up the road is a hidden little gem called Bonnie Springs. 

Bonnie Springs16935 Bonnie Springs Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89124Sunday
10am - 5pm

https://bonniesprings.com/

There are a lot of things to do at Bonnie Springs. This was supposed to be a Sunday outing because a lot of the dramatizations are dark during the week....but we didn't make it out there. But there is a restaurant and a zoo open every day. Fun little spot:


Welp....we made it to 31. We ended up getting so close to 35...but sometimes one thing was too much fun to stop and move on to the next.

I have a very long list of things to do in Vegas. If you are visiting or even live here, let me know if you have any questions or need suggestions!

Hope you enjoyed the adventure as much as I had creating it!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts