Evie's Adventures - Disneyland

So....I love my birthday. I am one of the few people that you will encounter that will say they enjoy getting older. I mean....I don't love all aspects, but I love feeling older and wiser. Not saying that I get wiser...but I like to feel that way 😜

In reconnecting with my friend Emily, I forgot how much she loves my birthday too!! Well...back track....she's my soul mate in the fact that we love to make people feel wonderful and special....not only on their birthdays - but everyday. However - after losing touch for a few years and going through the ups and downs of life....she decided to make Disneyland happen for me.

I grew up in Southern California. I remember when Disneyland was just Disneyland and you could run up to the gates from the parking lot. I can't even tell you how many times I've been to Disneyland, but every single time is pure Magic. My mom has a saying, "Nobody Does it like Disney!" And she's right 😄 however, it's not always Disneyland that creates the magic, it's the company that you keep. That being said, with increases in pricing (that seems to be happening more frequently), I don't go as often as I would like. But.... my dear sweet best good friend Emily, got me a park hopper pass through one of our friends. Let the magic begin!


Of course we do all the rides that we possibly could, but we absolutely had to see our friend perform in the Christmas parade. He is a trumpet player and is in the parade as a toy soldier.



Once the second performance of his parade completed we met up with our friend Troy who added to my birthday that much more :-)


As previously stated, I don't go to Disneyland as often as I would like. However, I was in good company as one was an employee and the other is an annual pass-holder. This meant they knew where to take me! We headed over to California Adventure and they took me to a place I've only walked by and never taken notice to until that day. The Cove Bar! We arrived right as they were about to close. We took a risk and put our names in for a reservation hoping that we would be seated before they stop taking guests. Thankfully, we got in! As we were being guided to our table, Emily turns to me and says "Wouldn't it be great if we got sit on the outside patio along the edge so when we get our food we could watch World of Color!?"

Guess where we got seated?

Not only does the Cove bar have amazing and wonderful items on and off their menu, but if you get seated in the right place, you get some of that Disney Magic coming at you!


 

After enjoying some nibbles and Libations, we headed back over to the Disney side and did a few more rides. I love that I thought optimistically and said, sure the three of us could fit in one Haunted Mansion Doom buggy! I mean, we fit but very snuggly lol but it was a highlight of my evening.

Our last and final ride was Big Thunder Mountain. We definitely went on at the very end of the night when hardly anybody was left in the park. We got off and then got on and then got off and then got on.... the last two times the ride operator just let us stay on. We switched up the seating each time. We did the goat trick the second third and fourth time. If you don't know it, Google it, so much fun! We are in our thirties but for my magical day two of my closest friends made me feel so young at heart! I definitely smiled and laughed a lot that day I also got emotional to the point where I wanted to cry. I love that I have amazing people in my life.




The end of the night we were definitely loopy and delirious - but I wouldn't have had it any other way!! Not to mention, since we were one of the lasts to exit - I was able to get awesome photos!!






Side note - if you have't been on Space Mountain since they've "Star Wars'd" it out.....IT IS A MUST!!!!

I look forward to sharing more of my adventures with you in the near future!! It's a few months late - but hope your holidays were merry and bright!!

This blog was inspired by the Honey Jack that may
or may not be in this Starbucks cup while getting
our fast pass for Tower of Terror :p
Sunglasses are from: Vintage NV
Snow White Brooch from: Put On The Ritz

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Love you forever & always, my gorgeous ray of sunshine!!!! A day for the books in our crazy adventure in life ��❤��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts