March favorites

It's that time of the month again! I just realized that I haven't posted in all of March?! Whoa....I tell ya...whoa....time flies! I didn't mean to neglect my blog....I just happen to be working on a side project that I wanted to dedicate my heart to. When it is live, I'll make sure to share.

In the mean time - here are my March favorites!

CLOTHING:

Man did it warm up quickly. Actually, the weather as been a finicky mother. Most days are beautiful....then one random sweltering day....then the dark clouds roll in and it rains. It is what it is...but my closet is being worn again! I don't have a favorite piece of clothing - this month my clothes are my favorite!



BOOK:



You guys, I saw this book and I thought....damn this will be a great read. I'm not saying it isn't....but it is a very sad and emotional book. I kind of expected some of it, but it was a no holds barred (no pun intended) type read. However, it will just go to show you the strength that a person can have from within. The will and the drive to survive. Two thumbs up on my end!



MUSIC:

March is the month my Grandpi celebrated his birthday. It is rare that I don't think about him and my Grandmi. I went to visit them at their resting place earlier this month and I haven't been able to get this album out of my head. It was his favorite. If you YouTube it, you can find the whole album. My Grandpi loved big band music and I can totally see why! This gets the booty movin'!


TELEVISION:

If you are looking to binge watch a television series....you should check out Emerald City. It is an interesting (dark) take on The Wizard Of Oz. However, Glinda (played by Joely Richardson) has a phenomenal costumes:



...and then there is Lady Ev (played by Stefanie Martini) and her fabulous frocks! She is masked 95% of the show...those masks, in and of themselves, are masterpieces (and the reason why I legit thought she was Lady Gaga) but they are paired beautifully with gorgeous, gorgeous dresses!

 

MOVIES:

First....I'm a bit late the the game on this, but I waited to see this work of art with my BFF. Not only was La La Land everything and more (I laughed, I cried, I loved!)....but when you put Emma Stone (I've loved her since Superbad) and simple classic elegance together....you get perfection:

 

Up on Amazon - you can watch The Dressmaker. I mean....I'd watch this before La La Land....fo' sho'. The story is great, the cast is great.....but the wardrobe....oof! I won't ruin it....but I'll just leave these right here:




I mean...nothing else needs to be said....go watch it and then come back and tell me what you think!

PLACE:

I was happy to reflect back on March and realize I had quite the experience with Speak Easy-esque types of bars. When I was in Reno over St. Patrick's Day weekend, my friends took me to a few places....but my favorite was a bar called Death & Taxes. Awesome atmosphere, well dress men behind the bar and damn can they make a mother effing killer Old Fashioned!



 

MAKEUP:

I have a few projects in the works with makeup, but this month I'm going to forego the makeup section....but want you to keep posted! April brings lots of things I've been working on - so keep checking back!

Hope you had a wonderful and awesome March! Any favorites you want to share?

This blog was written while sipping:
Rebel Yell - Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
No lowball glasses were harmed in the making of this blog
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Brilliant blog love!!!!! Well done ❤ and dressmaker... well, you already know... OBSESSED!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts