Earrings ~ Posts vs. Clip-Ons

Hello, my name is Evett and I have mouse ears....they are crazy tiny. My ears (from the apex to the lobe...yes, I measured, picture it...yeah, you laughed) are 2 inches! That's it!!! Honestly, I'm not sure what the average ear size is - but I know everyone always comments on how small my ears are.

I've never really gotten into jewelry. I'd rather spend the time on my hair or makeup instead of digging through my trinkets to figure out what looks good or what matches. Furthermore, my husband starts to wonder why I never wear the necklace he bought me. So, my usual day-to-day jewelry consists of my wedding rings and the necklace my husband bought me. I tend to lose things easily...so I never really got into expensive jewelry.

Fast forward a bit and come to find out I LOVE all the kitschy / novelty items that I've seen pop up on Instagram / Etsy / Pinterest. Who knew?? I've suddenly noticed my brooch collection growing rapidly....but I struggle with earrings. I have these teenie - tiny mouse ears to adorn but I've found it doesn't matter....they all look fab!!

I've always had earrings with posts on the back. My two staples and automatic go-to are the faux Tiffany's silver balls and faux diamonds. I haven't done that well in expanding my collection, most are passed down to me from my sweet lil' Grammy. Check out my mini collection:

Purchased at Spitfire Interiors in Uptown Whittier
  The rest were given to me by my sweet lil' Grammy:





Totally love the last earrings - need to purchase more backings so I can wear them :)

Before I moved from Los Angeles back to Las Vegas I found an awesome event called Ladies Night Out. The event is on Magnolia and nearly every shop is Vintage, Vintage Inspired or an Antiques shop. It's a three hour event - but I can spend MUCH longer lingering and looking at everything. Besides the beloved PUG store, there is one shop that I absolutely adore! Swift Vintage (this is their Instagram) has become a place where I find LOTS of things! So far I've only purchased a few items....damn money, why doesn't it grow on trees??! But, they have quite a lovely collection of lingerie, clothing and accessories. The first Ladies Night Out I purchased these two sets of earrings:



Aren't they awesome?? Buuuuut - they are clip-on!! I struggled with posts because my ears are sensitive....then I run into another nemesis - but I couldn't turn away from these lovelies. I've worn them both...BUT could only wear them for a couple of ours because they pinch my poor little nuggets that I call earlobes. Does this happen to anyone else??

The next time I went to Ladies Night Out, I took my mom and she found clip-ons that she really liked. Come to find out, I'm not the only one struggling with the earlobe blues. My mom, forever on the hunt for bargains, found an amazing little find - comfort pads!!


Miss Val's Creations has gadgets and gizmos aplenty, whos-its and whats-its galore! Thing-a-ma-bobs, she's got 20! Little Mermaid lyrics aside....Miss Val does have some interesting bobbles. My mom got me a whole packet of these comfort pads and just for $3.99! Deal I tell ya!

Without comfort pad

With comfort pad
My heart-shaped clip-ons already had a "cushy" backing, but I need to figure out a way to make them more comfortable for extended wear.



The comfort pads have a small slit for you to slide over the backing and does create a nice little buffer. Totally does make wearing my clip-ons a bit more comfortable, but I will say it only extends the wear by only a few hours. I eventually do take them off. Chalk it up to my little lobes, maybe??

I've been recently introduced to a brand called Poison Of Choice and have fallen in love with her earrings and brooches. So far I've only purchased two sets of earrings, but I know I'll be purchasing more. These earrings have posts and are even more pretty in person. I think I'll stick to posts...unless I find an authentic pair of clip-ons that are must haves! And lets get real....you know I'll totally find clip-ons that I must have :p

Purchased from Poison Of Choice

Do you struggle with jewelry? Which do you prefer as earrings clips-ons or studs? Finally, do you have a shop of choice? I'm looking to expand my collection!

Before you go - here is a little giggle for you: my sweet lil' Grammy gave me a lot of costume jewelry, including these beauties: 


These hurt like a mutha!! Later I found out, these lovely clips are SHOE CLIPS! Oh man, I laughed at myself so hard...I hope you are laughing too. 

Essentially,

~Evie~

Comments

Popular Posts