Summer Whites - Inspired by Miss Amy May

I had a whole other blog ready to go and I was going to post it today...but I got ready - took a look at myself once at work and had to post this immediately - as any person who would laugh at themselves would.

So my lovely, lovely friend Miss Amy May (we've never actually met, but I say "friend" like we go back for years lol) wrote a blog "Summer Whites In Eveline" and she says:

A lot of people are afraid of wearing white. Some people are definitely spillers–my younger sister and my mum are two of such people–but even those who are able to drink coffee and eat spaghetti without a comical mishandling of the consumption often have a white fabric fear. I’m here to tell you guys that it is not that serious. Really.

Sure, wearing white when you know you’re going to be spending a full day with young kids or helping a friend to move house is probably a bad idea, but think about it; how often do you come home from a typical night with friends or a shopping trip and go ‘Damn, I got stuff all over myself. How did I do that?’ Probably next to never. If that’s the case I hereby formally invite you to be part of The Fearless Summertime White Dress Wearers Society. (Okay, we’ll work on the name.)

So I am said above referenced person. I don't have kids and am not around them often...but I am in fact a kid myself! She's correct in saying when wearing non-white clothing it's next to never that I get stuff all over myself....but white is like a magnet to me!! Comically - it is that serious! 

When I was younger my friend invited me over for spaghetti with her family. I walked in with a white shirt - walked out with polka dot marinara. Whenever I see her mom, she still references that fond memory.

Back in November Miss Amy May posted this on her Instagram:



My eye went straight to the white dress - I fell in lub. I didn't own a white dress, I knew my "moth to a flame" or shall I say "sauce to a flame" tendencies and knew I shouldn't buy it. But I wanted it! My heart won over my over analytical thought process and I purchased this lovely piece.

I'm read every blog post Amy writes - and she invited "the White Fearers to join me in embracing white for summer" - to which I stated CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (insert Barney Stinson voice here).

Like I said, I purchased this puppy back in November and today (nearly 9 months later) I wore the dress. I couldn't figure out under garments when I first purchased...then I got lazy and my poor dress fell in the Narnia part of my closet. But after accepting the challenge, it was time to don the white!



Amy gave me the tip to wear a nude brazier and it worked beautifully, but since this dress is a wrap, it gave a bit too much boobage for a work environment so I put on a white tank to cover up the girls - only to find out I'm the only one here (womp womp). I paired it with a red petticoat, sparkly red shoes and my Hungry Designs brooch that I named Lusty Loretta.




Then here comes my big fat FAIL. I got myself together, dress went on last to ensure no make up or dog fur got on to my lovely white dress. Got in the car and drove to work feeling quite confident that I was in the clear. Then this happened:





I know it doesn't look bad in these photos - it look much worse in person. I'm super bummed - but still couldn't help laughing at myself and just had to make this my blog this week....it started to look like too much when typing out on Instagram. Good thing is this dress is machine washable - bad thing is, it's not Evett proof. Plastic bubble for me when wearing white! It's only 10am in Nevada...who knows what other dirt / food / grime that may be attracted to my pretty dress today...hurmph.

Thank you Miss Amy May for the challenge, I shall continue to perfect the art of wearing white!

Any of you have any thoughts / ideas on how to keep white throughout the day??

Le sigh....

Essentially, 

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts