Amber Joy's 2nd Annual Pin Up Pageant - Part I

I can honestly say, I'm so happy I did Amber Joy's Pin Up Pageant. However, I'm not so sure I'd do another pageant. Talk about anxiety! I would just be at work and think about the upcoming event and my stomach would be in knots!

I saw Amber the Monday before the pageant and asked her a very important question:
"Is consumption of alcohol okay?" Let's get real...one-on-one, I'm good to go. But I get super high anxiety when it comes to public speaking. Just one or two drink and BAM problem solved! Luckily, she said "of course!" phew! I guess that makes sense because the event was held at a bar called Artifice Urban Lounge.

1025 S 1st St #100, Las Vegas, NV 89101
At the same time...Amber asked what I was wearing. So I showed her the Heart of Haute Diner dress in Olive that I picked up at the Dapper Day Expo. (More on this dress in a future post).


It was brought to my attention that as lovely as this dress is (and knowing other what other contestants were wearing) it may be a bit too casual. Sad panda....but score on a new dress! Silver linings...right?

Then came the mad search to find a more formal gown. I even had the "do I drive to California for a day to try on mass amounts of dresses" moment. Seriously panicking and wondering what the eff I was going to do....I remembered there is a Tatyana right around the corner from my work!

If you are ever in the Henderson, NV area....check out the Tatyana shop - Brittany is AWESOME!! I walked into the store in full panic mode and she listened to me while told her my woeful tale lol. She scoured the shop for me and nothing was really standing out to me....but I needed a formal dress!! So I chose the Black Widow (currently 60% off!):


I'm not comfortable in wiggle dresses AND this dress looks quite lovely on the model who is clearly a taller gal. I'm 4'11" and the majestic-ness of this dress was just lost on me.....but I bought it because I needed a more formal gown. What I REALLY wanted from Tatyana hasn't made its debut yet:


Now that I look at this dress....I'm so sad it wasn't (and still isn't) available. Gawd, I'm in love with it! In want it, I need it....it MUST be mine.

At any rate, I left Tatyana with the Black Widow not 100% sure of the dress. But it ticked the box of formal....so I was going with it. I decided I'd hit up on more shop...Vintage NV. Another great shop and the owner, Erin, is super awesome! She recognized me and was another gal that was a great help! She pulled out what she had and off I went to try on dresses. I ended up with a Collectif dress from Vintage NV:


The fit was right, no alterations were needed...which is something I run across a lot being short! I decided that this was the dress! I returned the Black Widow Tatyana dress and started the hunt for accessories to glam up my dress.

Stay tuned for Part II and see all the photos from the pageant and all the lovely ladies I got to meet <3

Essentially, 

Evie

Comments

Popular Posts