Amber Joy's 2nd Annual Pin Up Pageant - Part II

The day before: man if I thought I had high anxiety throughout the week, the day before was even more crazy! In my last post I revealed that I had settled on the Collectif Trixie Doll Dress from Vintage NV:

Collectif Trixie Doll Dress
The best part was that my Mom came into town. Who else would you want to come to the rescue!!? I love my Mom....she's awesome (had to throw that in there because you need to know) <3

Before I headed home to meet up with my Mom, I stopped at Tatyana Henderson to return the Black Widow dress I previously purchased. And bought this AMAZING necklace I was eyeballing.

Pearl With Clear Gems
Seriously people...for $20....HAD TO BUY IT. Hi, my name is Evett and I have a shopping problem. I had no idea if this would go with my dress....but knew it had a very open neckline and decided, if it doesn't work...I got myself a bad ass necklace for future use! Yeah, too bad my husband doesn't see it that way, le sigh.

I've mentioned in previous posts that I love going to First Friday - it's a unique experience in the Arts District in Downtown Las Vegas. Not only does it display custom art by highly talented folks, but there are TONS of Vintage finds! My hunt was on for other possibly jewelry, accessories, handbags...etc. My mom scored a vintage juice press at Glam Factory! I saw an awesome vintage clutch....but didn't buy it right then and there. When we went back, it was gone. C'est la vie, it wasn't meant to be. But....we did a quick walk through of a newer shop, Stardust Vintage. I saw out of the corner of my eye a table of lovely corsets. I had one at home so I didn't think much of it.

Fast forward to going home and doing a run through of corset + dress and seeing which necklace and belt went best with the dress best. Sadly....the Tatyana Pearl necklace just didn't sit right with me. So I decided to use a vintage Lord & Taylor necklace & earrings combo I got from an online auction. And to top it all off, I chose a belt my mom made for my wedding gown. We put it all together and noticed the corset I had just kept peeking through the top of the sweetheart neckline....of course. Luckily, my hair & makeup appointment wasn't until noon and I didn't have to be at the venue until 6:30, so I wasn't feeling stressed - especially since I knew exactly where I needed to head for a new corset.

The day of the event was actually quite stress-free, THANKFULLY!! I met up with Kandy K for hair and makeup. At this point, even though it was still hours away from the event, my stomach was in knots. When talking with Kandy, she really put me at ease. Not that the knots went away, but she calmed my nerves a bit.



Totally raided my hubby's closest for a button up shirt.
I've had my hair and make up done before and I remember sitting in the chair with Kandy and thinking...wow, this hour doesn't even feel like an hour. Usually, both hair/make-up are crammed into an hour, but Kandy allotted an hour and a half. I didn't feel rushed, she asked if I liked what she did with my hair and make up. Seriously, if you get a chance to get your hair and make up done by her....DO IT!!

Now I was ready from the neck up (minus the red lipstick) and had plenty of time. So we decided to stop by Stardust Vintage to check out that table of corsets that I saw the night before. Guess what??? JACKPOT!!!!! Scored this puppy:



This is my new fav in my arsenal!! Just gotta watch Modern June Cleaver's  video and re-read her blog to ensure I can lace myself in! My mom "strapped" me in and with each pull, my waist got smaller and my boobs got bigger. *SIDE NOTE* I did ready Modern June Cleaver's blog about seasoning your corsets, but I did not have time...I ran with it. After about 3 hours it really started to hurt me and left me some gnarly bruises on my sides. You can read her blog about corsets - here is her first one.

After some R&R at home for a bit...it was time to get ready!!!

Belt made by my mom (taken from my wedding dress)

Vintage Lord & Taylor
I've realized that I'm a chatter box in real life and via blog!! I didn't intend for this blog to have 3 parts...but seriously, if I include the pageant, this blog will be forever long. And I certainly don't want to skimp over any of the lovely ladies I met at the pageant.

So I'll leave you with me ready to go to the pageant:

Photo by Mama Vendetta

One last stop to see Kandy K for my hair decor and I'm set and ready to go!!

Photo by Mama Vendetta

Next blog will have my pageant photos <3 Until next time!

Essentially, 

Evie

Comments

Popular Posts