Tester Tuesday - Makeup Brush Drying Tower

Another Tester Tuesday, but on a Wednesday since we had a long holiday weekend and my posts got pushed back a wee bit.

I had put together a wish list for my family's Secret Santa exchange. When the holidays past I decided I would get the items that I really wanted. Top of my list was a makeup brush drying tree. I found one on Amazon here.

I was once told that drying your makeup brushes flat can harm the integrity of the brush. Not to mention while drying on one side the bristles / hair of the brush can start to detach themselves from the ferrule. 


I don't know about you, but I have my cheap brushes and my expensive brushes. No way do I want to ruin my expensive makeup brushes!! So...enter the Ovonni 26 Mix Size Cosmetic Makeup Brush Dryer Tower Tree Holder. Simple enough and looked like what I wanted / needed:



The images above are from the Amazon website. However, when I received mine, it sort of resembled the photos.




I see that the black acrylic is in there somewhere. I tried to pull the top piece apart, but it wouldn't budge. At first I was miffed, but then I realized....who cares! As long as the rack works as it describes. I was excited to check this baby out. So, I washed my brushes with my Hotrose Cosmetic Finger Glove (previous post here) and let my brushes hang to dry.



After washing, I'd push my brush up from the bottom. The drying tower has 26 rubberized slots to fit various sizes of brush handles. Thankfully, the grip held them secure. I'd go back every so often to check the dampness of the brushes. When I needed to pull out a brush, I noticed that the rubber also helped reshape the bristles. 


Besides the product not being all acrylic as shown in photos, it works nicely! Overall, I'd give it a 8 out of 10 stars. I know the life of my brushes will be extended because I have started to hang them while drying them.

This blog was written while sipping:
vodka & passion fruit juice
No low ball glasses were harmed
in the making of this blog.
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts