Weekend Wrap Up - Belated Mother's Day Edition

Welp - so much has happened in the past month!! I'm finally starting to get back into the groove of life and comfortable enough where I can balance personal, professional and blogging life. So....here we go!

I was unable to get to So Cal for Mother's Day - but since my Mom is totally awesome, she came out to visit me! It was a week late, but it was much needed mother/daughter time.

We had some pool time, yummy food, good company, saw some new sights and we even got to see a show!

This Weekend Wrap Up could be uber long, but I'm just going to highlight a couple of fun things. One of the new places that has opened is The Park - which is located between New York New York and The Monte Carlo hotels. This is an add on to the side of New York New York's retail area with mostly new restaurants. If you walk in from Las Vegas Boulevard, it leads you through a kind of "restaurant row" and straight bak to Toshiba Plaza...which leads to T-Mobile Areana...which looks very similar to the Staples Center.


I originally thought this was going to be so much more amazing. I don't know what I thought it was going to be...but I was a bit underwhelmed by The Park. We did pass by Beerhaus, which looked like a ton of fun!! They had beer pong, slightly over sized Jenga and connect four. Um....yes please!! There is a ton of out door seating throughout The Park which is kind of concerning since it's incredibly hot here in the summer. Not to fear!! There are so many misters and trees that it was actually quite nice to walk outside.

Pretty sure this these rock walls are supposed to have water....but still looks pretty.
Towards the back of The Park
If you park in New York New York's self parking get ready to pay for your parking! It was announced a while ago that all MGM properties will start charging for parking this year. Obviously, with the arena being behind the New York New York, it makes sense this would be the first hotel (at least that I've seen) that started to show signs of paid parking......boo!! The pay-to-park process has not started, but should be up and running by the end of summer.




I'm not a fan of paying to park - especially when you've never had to. Seeing the pay stations and signs hanging all over the place are an incredible bummer. Since MGM owns so many properties, it is going to be difficult to find free parking....womp womp womp.

These pay stations are on Level 2 and there are escalators that take you straight to T-Mobile arena, Toshiba Plaza and the back of The Park.



The best part about The Park is the Bliss Dance Sculpture. There was a live violinist and a dancer. I'm not sure if that is something that is done on a regular basis, but I'm happy we go to see it.

 
We didn't see this beauty at night, but she is covered in lights, so I can only imagine how gorgeous she looks lit up! The texture of this sculpture just adds to the wonderment of this dancer.


Isn't this amazing? 

The other fun outing my Mom and I had was going to see Absinthe at Cesar's Palace. It is the raunchiest, most hilarious and entertaining shows I've seen in a long time. Not to mention, it is one of the only shows that will allow you to take pictures / video:





I suddenly want a tub couch
 




 


I thought I'd share the little tid bits that I captured on camera. Hope you enjoyed my first blog back from my hiatus! It is nice to be back!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. I am SO HAPPY that you're back! I've really missed your posts, and our convos in the comments. I was wondering what they were building near NY NY when I was last in Vegas… now I know! That pay-to-park thing is such BS. Jeff told me that it was happening and I couldn't believe it! You can bet that Caesars will follow suit soon enough :(.

    Looks like you had such a lovely weekend with mama! Absinthe looks so cool -- those are great pics! I'm hoping you get back into blogging again :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts