Weekend Wrap Up (So Cal)

You know happens when life comes at you full force??!! You lose your routine. I've been slllloooowwwwllllyyyy getting back to my daily life - reading the blogs I follow, maintaining my banking...etc., etc. But what I'm WAY off on is my blog!! For a procrastinator, maybe I shouldn't have chosen blogging as a hobby :p I have a calendar on my desk that tells me what blogs are being posted on what day....and you know....I still can't keep up with my life.

Isn't that the way it goes?

So here we are, Thursday, and I'm bringing you the wrap up of last weekend. In all fairness, I was on vacation Saturday through Tuesday....so technically I would have published this yesterday. I'm only a day late, right? Sounds justifiable to me :)

At any rate...here is my So Cal Weekend Wrap Up!!

For the past 4 or 5 years, I've been getting my mom and stepdad a weekend getaway for Christmas. What do you buy for people that have everything??!! Mini Vacations!! It's getting more and more difficult to find these gems. Groupon used to let you buy the deal and then arrange dates at a later time. Now you have to choose prior to the purchase - how do you plan for someone else?! So I have to find a deal where they can choose their dates. This past Christmas I found a cabin in Lake Arrowhead and snagged it because it was only 1 of 4 that I could find with the choose your own dates option.

I grabbed my one of my closest friends and said "YOU'RE GOING!" and we packed up and left for So Cal early Saturday morning. I made her get up and get moving early because my nails place opens up at 10 and it's a popular place....gotta get there when it opens!

We enjoyed a morning of pampering and shopping. Of course...what's a trip to So Cal if we don't go to the beach!? One of my favorite beaches is Long Beach. Just so happens (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) that my favorite sushi place is in the same city!! What are the odds?! :p So we got my friend a sammich and me the Sexy Girl Roll from Sushi Studio.

 




Lets just take a moment and look at my awesome vintage picnic basket. So stinkin' cute. Love the sand, sea and food! We decided to walk along the pier and boardwalk after eats.





The next morning we packed up and headed to the mountains!!! We got to Lake Arrowhead and was welcomed by this awesome house!!!














Total photo heavy post....but I couldn't leave anything out!! This house was too fabulous!! I did try to get a photo of the moon and Mars. In person, you could also see Saturn....but this photo was the best I could do. That tiny dot that looks like a speck of dirt in the top right corner...that's Mars.


I wanted to spend time with the fam and my friend....so I didn't really take a lot of photos. But on our way home to Vegas, we stopped at a new art piece called Seven Magic Mountains in Jean, NV.






 

 

I love exploring new places - and as quick as our visit was, it was an awesome site to see.

What city are you from? What is the first place you take visitors??

This blog was brought to you by:
F.J. Serra
No wine glasses were harmed in the
making of this blog :)
Cheers!!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. A weekend getaway is such a great idea for a gift! I miss going to the beach so much, too. Lake Arrowhead is really gorgeous! I've only been there once, and it was in winter, but even in winter it was super fun!

    I'm sooo happy that you're back to posting… whatever blogging pace works for you is a pace I'll be happy with, because I love reading about what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts