Weekend Wrap Up

You know those weekends where you have so many things to do and miraculously, they all get done? I had one of those weekends!!

My cleaning / laundry day is usually Saturday. It was quite a lazy morning. I didn't move until about 11:00 or so. But once I got up, I was on a roll! Lots of cleaning - some holiday shopping, but I knew I had to finish all of my errands in one day because I had plans on Sunday. Mission accomplished :)

Sunday morning there was a car show and a swapmeet with a few vintage vendors that I wanted to check out. I knew later that night I would be at a graduation party so I got up and got going pretty early.

The swapmeet wasn't as big as I wanted it to be, but I found a few awesome gems! My first stop I found some vintage hankys (never used)....and a couple of other things, but it's for my Secret Santa Gift Exchange. Not sure if she reads my blog or not....so I will refrain from posting as a caution.

The colors are vibrant and beautiful in real life!
The second vendor had all kinds of goodies that I wanted to snatch up! But I was primarily looking for gifts, so I used all my might to not by anything for myself. I'm pretty sure the gent I bought this for does not read my blog, so I'll post the pictures of this awesome travel bar!!





I mean...how do you go wrong with this??! It has space for THREE bottles of booze! Best part....it was only $20!! Of course I didn't take cash. My motto is - if they don't take card, they don't get my business. I seriously hate to carry cash. But his gem....oh this beauty needed to be mine. I told Amy of Battle Born Vintage that I was going to grab cash. If this beauty was still there, then it was meant to be. Of course I ran to the nearest place to get cash and power walked like a crazy mall walker through the even more packed parking lot when I returned. I saw it there out of the corner of my eye and thought "YES!!!! IT WILL BE MINE, OH YES, IT WILL BE MINE!" I packed it up and held it while I thought maaaaybe there might be something I want from here. There were a ton of things that I wanted, but I got myself something small, yet gorgeous.



When I got home I had a surprising turn of events. It is rare that I get to see my husband. Our hours are night and day. So when he told me he was going to be coming home early, I thought....awesome! We get to have time together! But that meant I would be bailing on my friend's husband's graduation party :( She knows I love her and I know she'd understand.

I showed my hubs the sweet find I obtained at the swapmeet and when I asked if he thought the person it was purchased for would like it....he says "I'd use it." Oye, we might be the new owners of this awesome travel bar. We'll see.

In case you don't know me....and most of you don't - I hate to cook! See what I did there? I put the word in bold, underline and italics to emphasis the word. Cooking is not my thing. I've attempted to become the "housewife" but it's just not me. Gimme a microwave dinner in three minutes and I'll be happy. However, my husband is a damn good cook!!




I asked for a steak dinner...I got a steak dinner!! Any ladies out there have quick and easy recipes for a gal who isn't into cooking? I mean...minimal people....MINIMAL!

At any rate, it was a lovely weekend. Hope yours was too!

On that note....the hubs is about to make us some cheese tortellini with spicy sausages. Lucky me, dinner twice in one week with my love!

This blog was written while sipping:
2012 Sebastiani Merlot
No wine glasses were harmed in the making
of this blog :)

Until next time darlings
Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts