Pinup About Town - Renaissance Inn (June Edition)

Oh man, this stay was so last minute it was crazy! A few weekends ago we had some friends in town. It was one of those nights where it was balls to the wall and just have fun!!

We decided last minute to grab a hotel room so we don't have to drive all the way home. Unfortunately, this was the same weekend as so many other things! WWE was in town, a couple of conferences and of course the big one...EDC (Electric Daisy Carnival). So we couldn't get anything on the strip that wasn't an outrageous amount of money. We checked at the Flamingo....it was $375 for one night...um, no thanks.

At that point - we opted for an off the strip hotel room, the Renaissance Inn. It is just a mile away from the strip. It was surprisingly sleek and sophisticated in decor - with a hint of playfulness.

Photo from Google Images

Renaissance Inn is located off Paradise Road - which is a busy street and the entrance to the property can sneak past you if you aren't paying attention...which I wasn't :p

The rooms are nothing special, but they are clean and comfortable with a smidgen of Vegas flair.

Photo from Google Images
I swear, one day I won't be running into the room and back out and I can provide better pictures instead of grabbing images from Google.

I am a fan of hotel bathrooms - especially if there is a giant tub....but alas, there was not a large tub in this particular room. But there was plenty of sink space.


The extra shelf beneath the mirror was very helpful because - makeup! I have too much, but it's better to have too much than not enough. And yet....I still forgot to pack my eyeliner this trip and ended up heading to Sephora anyway.....cie la vie.

There was a tub, I didn't utilize it, but it looks like it only fits a small child. Some may argue that I am the same size of said child, but I still like to have the space.

This piece of artwork was hanging above the toilet. I have a fascination with Vegas signs and lights, so naturally I was drawn to this art piece. I like to figure out the signs, where they are from - so you know, I like to waste time.

I'm not 100% sure if this type of artwork is displayed in each room, but I hope it is because it is (in my opinion) fun. It has small nods to Vegas life.












In all reality, when travelling you are hardly in your room. It is just nice to know that it's clean and you can't see any stains on the comforter and/or sheets...right?

Every once in a while, you catch a glimpse of a nice touch. When staying in a hotel...even as a staycation, it is inevitable that you forget something. It is generally something you don't usually think about until you are doing your routine and stop to look for that one thing and you say to yourself...craaaaap! That for me is usually cotton balls and Q-tips. This extra touch was a nice surprise because of course I did, in fact, forget Q-tips.


Before heading out to meet friends, we enjoyed a drink and played a bit or Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots....I mean...they had this game in their lobby!! An A+ in my book :) Overall I can't complain about our stay at Renaissance Inn. Small detail, the pool is open 24 hours but they close for cleaning for 3 hours. They don't tell you when, but it is Murphy's Law that when you want to go in the pool at 2am, it's being cleaned.

 

Any place in particular you are looking to stay an would want a review on?
Let me know!

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots for the win!! Looks like the Renaissance Inn was a good choice -- $375 for a room at the Flamingo is insane. I totally agree with you on the merits of giant bathtubs. We stayed at a place once that had the biggest tub I've ever seen, and I dream about going back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL for real!!! I don't even remember the last time I played Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots....it was great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts