Weekend Wrap Up ~ Planes Trains & Automobiles

So I decided to do a So Cal tour this past weekend. It initially started off just a trip to San Diego, but when it comes to the majority of my friends and family living in So Cal - it becomes a whirlwind real quick.

Since my end destination was going to be San Diego, I decided I didn't want to do the five hour drive back to Las Vegas on a Sunday. I'd either have to leave super early or super late. So I decided I'd fly home. Why it's more expensive to fly to somewhere closer is beyond me. So I decided I'd take the bus to my mom's, train to San Diego and then fly home. Phew!

Of course my Thursday evening bus arrived late, left late and my luck, the bus broke down on the side of the road in Hesperia. Thankfully, I had an awesome bus buddy and it wasn't too incredibly far for my mom to come pick me up. Just far enough to be annoying.

I got to spend some time with my Mom Thursday night and Friday morning before heading to LA to pick up my travel buddy....and just like every time I'm in LA, get my nails did. It was my cousin's 30th birthday on Friday and she decided to have a party at Sealegs Wine Bar in Huntington Beach.
It was a great night to sit around with friends and family, drink wine and watch the sunset.





Sealegs was reasonably priced, had great food and you obviously can't beat the view. We left because it was friggin' cold by the beach!! Plus, it was difficult to not drink as much as I wanted to - I still had about an hour to drive back to my mom's. On the way home, we stopped to buy some wine, salami, cheese and crackers. This was great for Saturday's train trip.

If you ever get the chance, take the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner. It's a nice ride (just think....no sitting in traffic!), the bathrooms are clean, you can sleep, use your laptop or enjoy the view:

Our stop in San Clemente
It's about a 2 hour train ride from Anaheim to Old Town San Diego. We even got some extra "lovin" from a biker bar that our train passed by:

Totally got mooned! Thanks for that laugh :)
Since it is such a mellow ride, my friend Mabel and I got a chance to sit and talk over some wine and charcuterie. It was a packed train - some people had to stand for a while, but you best believe our setup was getting eyed like nobody's business!


Once we arrived in San Diego, a friend of mine picked us up in Old Town and we went to one of my favorite restaurants Cafe Coyote. Seriously you guys, if you ever get a chance to go - get a big ass margarita. I wasn't able to finish mine, but damn if it wasn't delish!!


This weekend was already flying by. Soon after we ate / drank, we were whisked away to birthday party #2. It was a pajama party (mine were the only noticeable pajamas lol). There were yummy nibbles, wine, rom-coms and girl talk.  Can't get much better than that!! 


Just as soon as we got there, it felt like we were saying goodbye all too soon. On to birthday #3! We Uber'd out to Fiesta Island. We got there and were greeted by drunken friends, food, jello shots and a ton of laughter. Not only was it my friend's birthday, but there is something in San Diego called OTL (Over The Line) which is described to me as "Lazy Man's Baseball" - if you want to learn more about it, click here. Saturday night and Sunday were pure shenanigans. The best part is the team names - so awesomely inappropriate :)



Then all of sudden it was time to be swooped up and taken to the airport. Where did my weekend go?! It was over far too quickly - but it was an amazingly fun trip. Sometimes it really sucks coming home to "reality".

How was your weekend?? Hope you had an amazingly fun time! Unfortunately, this blog was not written while sipping anything but good ol' H20 - my liver needs to recover.

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. You certainly packed a lot into this weekend! It looks like everything was so much fun, and I'm such a fan of how you do train journeys!

    I could seriously go for one of those enormous margaritas right now!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts