Tester Tuesday - Tarte

So....I follow this YouTube channel Grav3yardgirl. I don't remember what drew me to her channel. I kept watching because she is 100% HER. She has a very zany personality and there is something that I love about her. Her YouTube channel has lots of avenues, but she does mix in some hair and makeup tutorials. A lot of her face products are Tarte. About a year ago, she announced that she partnered with Tarte to create her own palette. It was released online and at Sephora....only to sell out very quickly.

First, let me say, I have a lot (and enough) eye shadows. So I wasn't overly bummed when I learned of her sold out palette. However, when Facebook showed me an ad for QVC (I'm so my mother's daughter) and that they were selling this very palette....I took the plunge. I happened to snag it during a time where it was free shipping and handling. QVC also has many days where beauty items (if not every item) is on easy pay. This is a feature where you can make payments on your item.

The Tarte Grav3yard Swamp Queen palette retails for $45.00

Upon opening this palette...it smells.....DELIGHTFUL. This is my first Tarte palette....and from what I gather, they all have a yummy scent. This palette comes with nine shadows aaaand a contour, blush and highlighter. 



As with most palettes - the Swamp Queen palette comes with a Tarte make up brush.


Each shadow has a hint of sparkle to it. Also, each shadow is named perfectly with what Bunny (Grav3yard Girl) does and says on her channel. If you were to look at the palette, the following eye shadow shades go from top to bottom and left to right:




Left: #SFS - A golden / bronze shade that I tend to use as an accent color
Middle: Big Baby - Look hard....it's there. I use this shade to cover my whole eye as a base color
Right: Haunting - I use this color on more tone down days as the "statement" color in the outer                                        corners of my eyes

 

Left: Natural Peaches - I use this color as a base color (instead of Big Baby) when I want more of a                                           pop
Middle: Sassy Bun - This is my "go-to" statement color on daily basis. It's bold enough but not                                              overwhelmingly so. I blend from the corners to the center of my eyes.
Right: Uncommon - This is the color I gravatate towards when I realize I should change it up from                                       Sassy Bun.

 
The final three I alternate for night looks as they are each deep and rich in color

Left: Dogman - This shade has a rich burnt orange look....almost like clay
Middle: Sippy Sippy - This is a very sparkly (even though you can't tell in the photo) brown shade
Right: Mancat - Last but not least....this shade has a plum tone to it and is awesome when paired with                           a gray or silver

The far left of the palette show cases the contour, blush and highlighter. I don't really contour myself....for some reason I think it looks weird on me. I have tried to use the Sweet Tea shade....but only every once in a great while.


The blush is on the darker side of rouge.....which is perfect for my needs. I was never big with color on my cheeks but when I did start to get into it, I noticed the lighter pink hues were not for me. Does This Thing Really Work is one of three in my current blush rotation.


Highlighters, I feel, are more of a trend as of late. I never heard about it growing up....but then again, I didn't grow up with the world of YouTube and tutorials. It's probably been around for a long time, but I never heard of it. Gator Wings is light and beautiful...especially when it hits the sun!



Here, I started off with Big Baby as the base of my eye shadow look today. 


I built Mancat on top of Big Baby as my statement color in the corner of my eyes.


Towards the corners of my eyes, I dabbed Sassy Bun for a more golden hues.


The final product with liner and mascara <3

I absolutely love this palette. I am a neutral kinda gal....so these mix of shades were perfect for me! Before publishing...I realized that I didn't take a picture of the blush and highlighter. Fail. Next time!

What palettes do love?

This blog was written while sipping
~ Sky Vodka ~
No glasses were harmed in the writing
of this blog <3
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts