Weekend Wrap Up

So....I finally got out this weekend. It was a weekend needed and was full of awesomeness.

The bulk of my weekend was spent with my friend Emily on Friday night. If you still haven't checked out Ladies Night Out in Burbank...you need to! Don't let the name fool you. This is family friendly and fun for all types of event. There are food trucks lining both sides of Magnolia Boulevard and both sides are lined with antique and vintage-y type shops. It was my pleasure to take my friend Emily for her first time!!

Our first stop was Besame Cosmetics. It was empty....my suspicion is because PUG was holding a mini Yardsale across the street. We missed out on getting PUG in our sizes....but damn if we didn't have a wonderful time with the lovely ladies at Besame. They were attentive, warm and welcoming. They even talked me into buying their lipstick - 1941....I'm still a bit skeptical, but I'm gonna give it a whirl.



Not to mention, they were so so sweet to my friend's little girl <3 They made her feel like a princess when they gave her a lip gloss and a lipstick pin. It was seriously stinkin' adorable :)

We eventually made it over the the PUG yardsale....but it was highly picked over. We each found items but now we know next time...PUG first! LOL We did get there in time to enjoy a small glass of champagne! 

Most of the shops on Magnolia Boulevard have a little dessert or snack with champagne or wine. In addition to these lovely treats, most shops offer a store discount during the event. Ladies Night Out Burbank is the last Friday every month....check it out! Also....as an FYI Unique Vintage is not apart of this event, but it isn't far away. You can do like we did and visit UV before the event - score!

Saturday was spent lounging around until it was time to go see a Disney masterpiece....Beauty & The Beast.


If you haven't seen this - do yourself a favor and go! I realized mid way through the movie that I was grinning from ear to ear nearly the whole time....even shed a few tears. Initially, I wasn't sure I wanted to see a childhood favorite turned into a live action movie. I'm so glad I did. It took all efforts to not stand up to sing and dance. I had to hide my mouth under my shirt so I wouldn't be that annoying person saying the whole movie out loud....I hope my shirt muffled me enough! They cast the movie so well....I didn't want the Beast to turn into the prince....that Beast was damn sexy!

Sunday was morning was reserved for taxes....only to be interrupted by a need to go see The Shack. No spoiler alert - but I just want to say....be prepared to cry nearly the whole movie. Furthermore, be prepared to ugly cry. Thank goodness I didn't wear makeup because I would have walked out with the blackest of under eyes!

The best part of my Sunday was having a good night with these three.....it couldn't have been any better.


I couldn't have asked for a more active / relaxing weekend!
Did you do anything fun for your weekend?

This blog was written while sippin'
Orange Mango Sparkling Water
because sometimes hydrating needs flavor!
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo





Comments

  1. My partner in adventures 😍 Friday was incredible - and man did you save my bum on Sunday, she loves you to bits so no convincing there on Lilly's part!!!! Thanks again for bucketlist funskies ❤💋

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts