Easy As Pie

So I've been saying forever that I am going to do an outfit review. Believe me, I have always meant to...but there are a few things that stood in my way. I didn't have proper lighting and/or equipment...but the biggest thing is that I am so awkward in front of a camera....which is weird because, as an only child, I'm a ham and love things being all about me.

With help from a friend....I got a few pictures that I liked and now I am able to bring you my first true review:

Since I live in the desert, I am always on the hunt for pretty dresses that don't get soaked in sweat the second I walked out my front door. Here enters Doll Me Up and their array of Peasant Pie Dresses. I opted for both the blue / pink floral and the Kelly green...and I love them!!



 The Peasant Pie dresses are vintage inspired sundresses that are made of a cotton blend. It nips in the waist  with an elastic band while doubling as the creation of the peasant style top. The photos shown above from Doll Me Up's website shows the dress as off the shoulder. I have awkwardly shaped shoulders - meaning I can pull the elastic bands down, but slowly they creep back up....douchery. I love the look and I try to pull it off, but my shoulders aren't havin' it! Peasant Pie - 1, Evie - 0.


The elastic scoop neck allows for any and all breezes (that are rare in the desert) to cool the body. The neckline is also modest enough not to offend others and / or encourage unwelcome stares.

Since I don't like clutter, I opted to keep my neck void of jewelry to let the dress speak for itself....I only complimented it with a bright and bold flower in my hair...which doesn't match, but that was the only flower I was "feelin'" that day.

With a bit of upper arm chunk, I am happy to report that the puff-style sleeve was not restrictive or uncomfortable in anyway. AND it doesn't create marshmallow-y arms either.

The waistband is comfortable to the point that, if I'm not careful, this dress could easily be one I eat large meals in. The print seems like it would hide a food baby well!

The ruffled hem line adds to the charm and sweetness of the Peasant Pie. It's not obnoxious in its presence, but when noticed, you can easily give appreciation to the extra flare it gives.

I'm generally used to fuller dresses / skirts, but this light weight, A-line dress is a welcome addition...seeing that I'm not toting extra material around in 100+ degree weather. BONUS! I think as the scorching summer days start to simmer down to warm autumn ones, these dresses will still get plenty of wear.

I paired this dress with shoes by Speed Limit 98. I found these puppies while thrift shopping. I don't think they were ever worn more than once because they were a challenge to break in. Even though they aren't an exact color match, I felt they tied in with the color scheme.

Not only are the comfort and fit checked off as satisfactory, but the price is just as nice! Peasant Pie is $37.99 and my bank account appreciates that!

If you've never bought anything from Doll Me Up before, you are greeted with a discount code for your first time purchase....awesome!
Shipping is free (in the US) for the 3-7 day delivery time. Prices vary depending on how quickly you are looking to receive your purchase(s). Doll Me Up does ship internationally and it is free delivery for orders $150 and up! Get together with a gal pal and get your free shipping!

Hope you've found this helpful! I'm working hard on figuring out what to review and how to work on my face! :p


Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. Oooh, I'm so glad you posted a review! This dress is adorable on you, and I think the shoes match really well. Food-baby-hiding dresses are a crucial part of my life, hehe.

    I hope you post more reviews, because this was super informative and quite timely, since it's disgustingly hot and muggy here in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I'm trying to figure out what to do with my face that will not tick me off too much :p

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts