July Favorites

Is it really August? What they hey, man?! Where did the first half of the year go?

Honestly, in hindsight, it has gone quickly....but during the first half of 2016, I must say, it was slow!

I took a few months off of my favorites series - too much going on in life to focus my thoughts into my blog....sad, but true. But it's back!!

CLOTHING

So in recent months there has been some weight loss over in the house of Evie Vendetta and let me tell you everything (as far as clothing goes) is a favorite! Fitting into things that I've owned for at least a couple years that I never fit into before....is extremely exciting!

However, this is my favorites...so I need to choose something...right? In that case, I'd have to choose the crop top from Tatyana. I got the Arabella top in both white and gzel.

 



I've worn both, but have only featured one on my #OOTD photos. First off, they are freakin' comfy and light weight - which is needed in the heat of Las Vegas! In fact, I was meeting friends at Top Golf and they were running late. I decided to go to Tatyana's shoe sale to kill some time and bought these tops on a whim. It was so hot outside that I decided I needed something more breathable. I got talked into trying on the peasant top and damn it....I was feeling it!


I haven't shown a bare midriff since the late 90s....I think?  I stepped out of my comfort zone and put this puppy on for a night out. This amp'd up my confidence and ego a bit and it is now hands down my favorite July clothing purchase!

BOOKS:

I've always been fascinated with the mob. The ideals it was built on, the comradery it formed and the laws they broke. I've had this book for a few years now and it seems to always get over looked, but this month was its month! It's not another "mob boss" type book - but rather the effect on a mob boss' child and the path she chose in life. If you find that kind of thing interesting, give Mob Daughter a read.


Another book I read was Lady Sings The Blues. If you are a fan of Billie Holiday, I suggest you read this heart-breaking story of her life. Some moments of the book I actually had to re-read and sit with the information for a moment and really think about what her life must have been like and what she had to endure.


MUSIC:

If you follow me on other mediums - you'll know that I am in love with this anthem! I love Meghan Trainor and all her works. Her latest song is no exception! In fact, I think I'll put it on right meow!


TV:

I'm trying to make an effort to not be in front of the TV as much...and in the past 3 months, I've been pretty successful. However, it is the summer and what I consider "good TV" isn't on until the fall.

However, I still love a good show. A good drama, a good reality show...but I love to laugh. It's my favorite thing!! So of course Another Period is high up on my laughter scale.


Lillian is my favorite character - oh how she makes me wish I was a rich bitch debutante during the turn of the century!!

PLACE:

Living in San Diego for ten years really spoils a person. I miss San Diego - but I miss the people I met there even more. This past month I was able to visit my best friend and to watch her husband play in a tournament called over the line. This was party central and (my favorite) amazing people watching. Sun, sand, sports and great friends. What more could you ask for?!


Finally...on of my favorite favorites - does that even makes sense?

MAKEUP:

I came across a new (to me) cosmetics line that I am loooooving!! The Balm Cosmetics has me wanting more and more of their products! I recently picked up a little something for the lips and face. First was the liquid lipstick line Meet Matt(e) Hughes. I picked up this minty little number in the color Adoring. 
I saw the marketing behind it and thought to myself...."self, you must buy this product!" Just when I was about to walk away from all the cosmetics (as to not over purchase), I had an "eye-spy from the corner of my eye" moment.....of course. I saw their translucent setting powder: Sexy Mama.

Again with the packaging / marketing. Who would pass this Sexy Mama up? This has become my go-to and since my blogging is back on a regularly schedule program, I hope to be doing a Tester Tuesday on this beauty in the near future!!

There's my July favorites!! What were some of your July favs?

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts