Weekend Wrap Up

As busy as I am, I haven't been doing much on the weekends that would qualify as something to write about. This weekend, however, had a ton of fun jam packed into two and a half short days! It goes by too quickly :(

If you don't know - I'm the Treasurer for a non-profit organization called Femmes & Fellas. The founder and president, AmberJoy, was my first Sipping & Socializing interview. She had this fantastic idea to throw a Fireman & Pin Ups Mixer - how fun is that!?

Flyer created by yours truly <3

This Friday night event was held at Backstage Bar & Billiards and man was this place crazy! My mom and sister came to town and I decided I was going to force them to go! When we got there, The Rhyolite Sound was about to take the stage. Drinks were flowing, bodies were moving and the ladies were dressed to impress!



Backstage Bar & Billiards (Triple B) was heatin' up fast! I mean that literally, it's always fun to feel sweat run down your back and you think....ugh, my dress!!!

We had a couple of drinks and then decided to walk around and get some fresh air. We walked down to Fremont Street and did my most favorite Vegas past time - PEOPLE WATCH! We did made it back to Triple B in time to see a little bit of Shooter Jennings!


Saturday was jam packed with shopping before a show. I wanted to get up and go the Tatyana's Henderson location for the 50% off sale. I got even more excited when I saw that the shoes were 75% off.....oh eff yes! The customer service at Tatyana's never disappoints. Even though they didn't have my size at the Henderson location, they let me know the Planet Hollywood location did and they would honor the discount as well. We hit up Planet Hollywood and then headed over to Downtown Container Park to see my friend Erin at Vintage NV. She has a good eye when it comes to dressing you in the clothes she has in her shop. There have been many times where she tells me to try something on and I roll my eyes at her....then I end up leaving with it and not even looking back at the item I went into purchase still hanging on the rack. I may or may not have done a small amount of damage this weekend. Even my mom told me STOP NOW! But sometimes a deal is too good to pass up.


Once we completed our shopping, we went back to our room and relaxed for a bit before going to see a good friend of mine play in a show at The Venitian - Human Nature. Oh....my.....gerd! Talk about a fun show and good times had all around. The music was fantastic, the dancing was beautiful and couldn't help but dance in my seat the whole time!! I'm so happy that my friend is living his dream performing in Las Vegas :)



The show is a great mix of songs from all decades. You can even vote for a song to be played! There is a section in the show where they take requests from the audience. My favorite part was when they mashed Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" and Ben E. King's "Stand By Me" - wonderfully done and entertaining. The venue is the perfect size to not have a bad seat in the house. In the video below you'll get a taste of how eclectic the music is.


Sunday started off pretty mellow. Breakfast and then sitting by the pool for most of the morning and early afternoon. I love the heat and can lay outside all day, but the family was roasting!

We decided before playing tourist, we'd relax for a while and most certainly take advantage of the free wine and champagne from 2-4!

We sat around, lounged and gossiped like only female family members can. After three free drinks each - we went back to the room to relax before gettin' crazy!

Well....we didn't get thhhhaaaat crazy, but we had a blast. My sister hasn't seen a lot of Vegas. Her one request was to get "one of those tall drinks and walk around with it" - so naturally, we did! We found a Groupon (a 2-for-1) at Senior Frogs. What I liked was that it didn't have to be a frozen drink - you could pick whatever your heart desires. But who are we kidding - it was hot and nothing sounded better than frozen daiquiris! We walked around the northern end of Las Vegas Boulevard; checking out Treasure Island, Fashion Show Mall (even though it was closed) and the Wynn.

We decided to head over to the Linq Promenade to ride the High Roller.

We had dinner at Yardhouse, shopped and ended up at my weekly hangout Mickie Finnz to see one of my favorite bands, JV Allstars.

It was a non-stop, jam packed weekend...and it was great because it was spent with family!

What did you do this past weekend?

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts