Weekend Wrap Up - End Of Summer Camping

So when you take a Friday off to go camping - you kind of push back everything on Monday. So....I apologize for the late post....but I'm catching up on all of my daily stuff.

I was able to take some time off work to spend some time with family. I was able to bring my friend to go camping in Reedly, CA on Kings River at Wakehouse.

I'm a bit prissy when it comes to camping....but my mom sure knows how to make camping a luxury....no wonder where I get it from.

I mean....we have a full on kitchen!
Friday was dedicated to traveling up to Fresno county and setting up camp. I've done this trip once before a few years ago, but for some reason or another I wasn't able to attend again until this year. Such is life - the whole family plans on going and then something happens to where most can't. This year it was my mom, step-dad, me and my fren.

Once camp was set up we decided to relax with our lounge chairs in the lake and quickly letting relaxation take over. The night quickly fell upon us and it was prime for photo taking!


Seriously love  my camera - those stars though!

Believe it or not....this is the moon rising
The camp site was quiet this past weekend. Usually it is party central. Since the site is operated by new owners we think some of the following has vanished. Plus school is back in session for a lot of people. I won't lie....it was nice to have a tranquil environment - especially during a crazy time in my life.

Saturday is always the day to we float down the river. Reedly gave Vegas a run for its money....it was about 103 degrees. We are on the river all day - yes, I'm very sun burned. However, it was a blast being the only ones rowing along and blasting the tunes we wanted to rock out to. 


The water is cold - but it was so damn hot outside that it was refreshing to stop and take a dip.

 


It took us about five and a half hours to go down the river. We had our floating coolers filled with foods, snacks, waters, Mike's Hard Lemondate and a pineapple / watermelon vodka infused concoction....delish! By the time we hit camp me and my friend were sufficiently burned. Luckily for me, my redness will turn into a tan :) We ended up just lounging in the river until night fall.

I think this may have been a bad idea on my end because I'm bit to hell! I had a couple after Friday night but after Saturday night....oof. 

Wakehouse has live music every Saturday night. We were drained from our day in the sun, but thought we'd go check out what the bar area had to offer. There was actually a good chunk of people out on the patio and out on the dance floor. The band was "meh" but they do have big names coming up. I'm bummed I won't be there the 2nd weekend of September - Alien Ant Farm will be performing....effing sweet!

Sunday is reserved for waking up sore because you aren't used to using certain muscles for rowing, realizing your sunburn is neon and quite possibly radio active  and to commence counting how many bug bites you have accumulated over the few hours you've been camping. 

When we broke down the camp site, packed up the truck and decided to hit the road my bug count was up to 27. As I write this....I've found 38. Strangely enough, I have a ton on the back of my thighs and it is difficult to sit at work all day and not scoot back and forth the satisfy the itching! 

All in all - I can't complain. I had my friend and my family and a weekend get away to escape life for a while.

Did you go anywhere exciting for a summer vacation?

Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. This looks like such a glorious weekend (minus those awful bug bites!) I love your hat so much, too -- it's perfect for using to shade your face if you need to take a nap, as you demonstrated!

    I'm hoping to see a post on how to make this watermelon-vodka concoction, too -- I am a watermelon FIEND!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts