Casual Friday

Ever have one of those sleeps that was so good that you didn't want to get up in the morning to drag your butt to work?? Yeah....that was me this morning. I am usually up between 5:45 - 6:00. This morning my body said to sleep until 7:15. It was a goooooooood sleep, but the moment you wake up, roll over and check the time and realize you need to be in your car STAT - your adrenaline starts to pump and your heart is going a million miles an hour and your brain screams.....shit, shit, shit, shit....I'm late!

Think quick...what do you do when you are short on time. Thankfully today was a non-wash-the-hair day....so a quick rinse will do, no time to shave legs people! Wash face, brush teeth, brush out yesterdays curls and thank my lucky stars that I work in an office where I can be a frump every once in a while. Yay hoodies and jeans day!!

I used to work in a place where I could roll out of bed everyday, throw on jeans and a hoodie and be good to go. But now, I have a closet full of pretty things and I want to wear them. I think last year I was about 50/50 on dressing up on a regular basis. This year, I want to get up and look/feel fantastic! But what happens on days like today?? Sometimes my body wants/needs me to sleep and I then I'm left with minutes to get ready.

I'm still on my buying ban. January is reaching it's end and damn it if this isn't difficult! But with any luck, I'll put up this wishlist as a reminder of what to buy come July - and maaaaybe catch some deals since it will be off season??!! Hopefully, with cuter casual clothes, I can be comfy and not frumpy! I was eyeing Mod Cloth today, hope to get some of these puppies in the future:

   Aweight Message Sweater                                 A Fireside Of The Story                         Woodland You Rather
                    $49.99                                                                 $49.99                                                               $89.99
Aweight Message Sweater: I think I would order this sweater a size larger than I would require so I could be uber comfy and casual all at the same time. I even have the perfect blue hair scarf with white anchors that I would pair with it.

A Fireside Of The Story: Easy to layer on top of a cami or go for the more risque look of nothing under but your bra. Obviously, I would wear something under if I was headed to work, but for a run out of the house real quick kind of look, I say to hell with the cami :)

Woodland You Rather: I mean, it has a fox...what more do I need to say?!

We're Young At Heart $42.99
We're Young At Heart: At first glance, it's got a high scooped neck with sweet little puffed shoulders. But then you take a closer look at this sweater and BLAM, cotton heart elbow detail. Super simple but gives just enough flare.

                  Consider It Casual                                Dance To Your Own Bloom                     Hangin' Round Town
                             $39.99                                                            $49.99                                                          $24.99
Consider It Casual: A beautifully woven pull over that is sure to engulf me in feel good warm fuzzies. The detail across the front is just enough to make it look like I put in effort while getting ready on a day that I'm short on time.

Dance To Your Own Bloom: What better way to wake you up and feel happy things when you are wearing flowers! Sweep your hair up into a quick little up-do and add a hair flower....boom insta happy day!

Hangin' Round Town: By the time Friday comes around, I'm a bit loopy and ready for the weekend and some wine! What better way to express my readiness for a weekend full of nonsense than a sweet giraffe wearing glasses!!

Ugh, this buying ban...seriously killing me. These are all options that I need in my life right now. Way better than a $5 hoodie I got from Walmart years ago that has camouflage in the actual hood. Didn't realize that when I bough it....but damn it, it's comfy!

What do you wear for days that you are running late?!

This blog was written while sipping:
Viansa Pinot Noir
No wine glasses were harmed in
the making of this blog.
Added bonus: Chicken Parm Pasta
 
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo







Comments

Popular Posts