Wishing For Jenny

When the close of 2015 rapidly approached, I decided one of my resolutions would be to dedicate more time to my blog. With this in mind, I mapped out January with topics. On today's agenda....my outfit of the day. HOWEVER, this yucky virus is sticking to me. My eyes burn, my nose is stuffy and yet runny...all at the same time. I'm freezing - I've got thick socks, slippers, sweats, a long sleeve pajama top, a scarf, a beanie and a hoodie on top of all that. The electronic fireplace is on, I've got two blanket on me and I'm still friggin' cold. What gives? Needless to say I have very little energy when I wake up to do anything but brush my face and wash my teeth and somehow get into work. I have been leaving early to rest...but this is a butt kicker. So now, unfortunately, I do not have an outfit of the day....but I still wanted to post a blog.

Another one of my resolutions came from reading the blog of Miss Curve Creation. I'm not going to lie....I impulsively purchased quite a few articles of clothing last year. I still consider myself pretty new in the pinup world and I can't seem to find the perfect dresses that suits the Las Vegas heat in the summer and then the very very cold winters. I just purchase what I like and then tend to not wear them because it is too hot or too cold. So, while reading Missi's blog, I gained the idea of a ban from buying clothing for six months. Now that this is in black and white...SIX MONTHS!!! What was I thinking!? I think I can do it....but it's already been so hard with the new years sales n' such.

With that being said, no one said I couldn't ogle over pretty pieces and wish that I was born with all the riches in the world so I can just buy everything I see!! My friend in the UK, Miss Amy May, started something at the beginning of last year called #JennyJanuary. This is where ladies from all over the world dress up in Pinup Girl Clothing's Jenny dresses and/or skirts. It was such a success, Miss Amy May did #JennyJuly as well.

While on the couch...okay, okay....and a little while I was at work - I came up with my Jenny wish list:

Left: Black & White Stripe Print
Middle: Cherry Print
Right: Queen Of Hearts Boarder Print (currently sold out)

I love the black and white striped because it's so simple, yet creates a bold statement piece. I loved seeing ladies dress up this skirt during Halloween.
I have a love of all things cherries...I mean, look at it!!! Look. At. IT! It's gorgeous and simple to style. Plus I have a plethora of accessories to compliment this beauty!
The Queen Of Hearts...do I really have to say anything about this skirt from the Mary Blair collection?? It's just perfect in every way.

Left: Orange Boarder Print
Center: Commuters Print
Right: Harlequin Print Sateen
I think my love for the orange print stems from the love of cherry print. I find myself diggin' on the fruit patterns and I am kicking myself that I never purchased this beauty the several times it was in my basket.
The commuters print....again, there isn't much to say about this dress from the Mary Blair collection. Another home run from the PUG team.
The harlequin print dress is just the perfect combination of colors. Easy to accessorize and classic.

While gathering my wishlist, I can only deduce that ladies are preparing for Jenny January because there are limited sized in nearly all of the Jenny's I've listed above.

Of course, it's Murphy's Law, that while I've put myself on a clothes buying ban, I run across a coming soon section:

Left: Floral Spider Web Print
Middle: Moth Print
Right: Leaves Print
Bah! I hope they will still be around come July 1st. Or at least come out with another round of release, like they did with the Mary Blair collection last year. Le sigh...what can you do?

If participating in #JennyJanuary is something you'd like to do, give Miss Amy May a follow and she'll keep you posted. You can also use the hashtag to see other lovely ladies in their Jennys and how they style them. Miss Amy May recently posted this:


Happy Jenny January Everyone!!

This blog was written while sipping:
Water...still. I hate being sick.
Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts