Pinup About Town - Westgate

So the New Year has come and we are mid-January already. I, like many others, did make resolutions. I decided, as one of my resolutions, to put a bit more emphasis on my marriage...not that my marriage is in a bad spot, just want to give it some TLC. I adore my husband. I think he's smart, handsome, a hard worker and just all around amazing man. All of these attributes along with any/all positive praise I can give doesn't mean that everyday humdrum doesn't sneak up on ya. One day at the end of 2015 I realized....I wake up, go to work, come home, wash, rinse repeat. Not that I need fantastic fireworks everyday (but lets be real, who wouldn't love that?!) but I knew I needed to mix things up a bit....to keep that spark alive, interesting and maintaining a connection.

We live in the fabulous city of Las Vegas - a city that doesn't sleep (although, I do!), a city of lights, a city of many things to do, a city of many places to try and many places to stay!!! I've decided that once a month, my man and I need a staycation.

I know Groupon and Living Social always have "getaway" deals. There are others out there, but this month I used Groupon. For roughly $45.00 (and the resort fee of $28 at check in) we stayed on the north end of The Strip at an hotel called the Westgate. We had a premium room with one king bed and two vouchers for the breakfast buffet. Sadly, neither one of us were able to enjoy the buffet...next time??
 **Side Note: They filmed parts of Behind The Candelabra here.** 

My day was very hectic. I wanted this to be a surprise and I thought I had planned well...but alas, I failed. I had a baby shower to go to, dinner reservations with friends and time just got away. I wanted to take my tripod and get pictures of the room and hotel...but you, know - life happens.

Lesson learned and hopefully these reviews will be better in future posts.


View from the parking garage
There was no line at check-in and I was greeted immediately by Stedman (no idea if I spelled that correctly) who is a VIP host. He waited while I checked in and when I was ready, he personally showed me where my room was. How great is that!? Sometimes these places are so large that it is hard to find your way around!

The hotel has a lovely elegance to it - again, I failed in this department by not capturing it. However, I snagged one picture of hotel decor:
In the hallway of the floor we were on.

The view from the 17th floor
As I write this, the more I realize how much I failed. No photos of the room or the details that make a hotel good, bad or ugly. Generally, I feel like a room is just a room when I travel. Seriously, how often are you in your room? It's just there for you to store your belongings while you go out and explore! However, with this new series, I'm going to be looking more into the room, hotel and all it has to offer. Well, maybe not all - some of these places just have too much for someone to explore in a one-night staycation.

This particular staycation, I just wanted my husband to relax. To not worry about work while at home. To make use of the blackout curtains so he isn't bothered by the pesky sun, to try to sleep in. So, even though I forgot to take pictures...I had a good reason.

Taken from Westgate's website. This is what our room looked like.
I got up the next morning to get ready for work. Funny, until you pack your things, you don't realize how much it takes to get ready in the morning!

Just a small piece of my morning regimen. 
Overall, the room was nice, clean and affordable on Groupon. I would give the Westgate 4.5 out of 5 stars. We had a small issue with the TV - otherwise, I'd give it 5 stars for an overnight stay. I was told the steakhouse was delicious. I know they have an Elvis show and a few 24 hour spots for late night snackers.

I look forward to working out the kinks of this new feature and sharing our adventures with you!

This blog was written while sipping
Viansa Pinot Noir
No wine glasses were harmed in
the making of this blog.

Cheers!
Essentially,

Evie xox

Comments

Popular Posts