March Favorites

It's a bit early....but I have my Sippin' & Socializing interview tomorrow....hoping to do a quick turn around to get it out either tomorrow or Friday. Crossed fingers because they take a while to transcribe!

So - clothing, I'm feeling the itch to BUY! BUY! BUY!!! Viva is coming up in 15 days and I'm reeeeeally needing to "scratch that itch" - but so far, I've held on to my 6 month buying ban! However, I think I'll be buying a few inexpensive tops to pair with skirts for Viva. At any rate, can't say I have a "favorite" clothing item this month because I feel like everything is just on a repeat...bleh.




BOOKS:

With last month's military reading leaving me with a heavy heart and the occasional streaky mascara, I decided to go for some light-hearted comical readings.


Life As I Blow It by Sarah Colonna: Oh. my. gawd! Talk about freakin' hilarious! A chapter titled "Trundle Beds & Masturbators" equals hilarity!

Guts by Kristen Johnston: Although it's not constant muffled chuckles while reading at work, it's a quick and easy read about the female lead from 3rd Rock from the Sun. It's a bit heart breaking, but she puts it in a way where you crack a smile in order to get through her struggles.

Yes Please by Amy Poehler: One of my favorite lady comedians took me for a quick ride into a small piece of her life. She just freakin' cracks me up...as shown below:

My ob-gyn was a wonderfully old Italian man I will call Dr. G. Dr. G had delivered Sophia Loren’s children. I know this because everyone from his receptionist to the other doctors in his practice liked to tell me this fact. I was happy to hear that Dr. G was comfortable with beautiful and famous vaginas. I don’t consider myself beautiful or famous, but my vagina certainly is. Everyone knows this. I have the Angelina Jolie of vaginas. And there is your pull quote, editors.

MUSIC:

I came across VV Brown - I don't recall how, but I absolutely love her first album Travelling Like The Light. To be totally honest, I soaked up this album and listened to it over and over and then started to listen to her second album and decided to stick to her first album...womp womp. Below is one of my favorite songs - LOVE:


TV:

One lazy Saturday my hubs and I were trying to figure out what we wanted to watch. He says...this looks good and puts on Bates Motel. I rolled my eyes because I'm prone to watching comedies. But I'll be damned if this show didn't suck me in!! And damn if Freddie Highmore doesn't play the perfect creepy dude. AND tell me Vera Farmiga isn't a perfect mash up of these actresses:

Felicity Huffman + Patricia Arquette = Vera Famiga....right?!
STYLE WATCH:

Speaking of Bates Motel....if you've been watching, you've noticed the impeccable style that Norma Bates sashays across the screen:

When watching this episode, I googled and found that this dress was from Le Bomb Shop...alas, it is no longer available

 I mean...flawless....right?? She just makes me want to chop off all my hair and buy all the pretty things!!

PLACE:

Take one look at the deliciousness below and give me one good reason why SW Steakhouse shouldn't be my favorite place for March:


...yeah....didn't think so :p

MAKEUP:

I don't know what it is, but lately I've been LOVING Tarte products! This month Ulta was doing 21 days of beauty and one of the days featured Tarte's Tartiest Clay Paint Liner for half the regular price ($12). I decided to give it a whirl - it's out of my comfort zone, but I really liked it!


I posted the photo on the left last night after the gym and someone commented on my make up. I swear the only thing that was left was my liner and my brows. A lot of the cat eye is gone, but the majority stuck around. I'm not going to say too much as this product will be in an upcoming Tester Tuesday :)

Last month I featured Peter Thomas Roth's 24k Gold Mask, I loved it so much that I decided to try his Irish Black Mud Mask 


At first I was irritated that I was breaking out the day after my first use....but then I realized it was just bringing all the dirt and imperfections to the surface as apart of the purifying process. I really want to not be lazy and alternate between the two face masks. Again, not too much on this product as it is a future Tester Tuesday :)

And finally....an unexpected favorite. I was invited to a "Ladies Night In" party. You know the kind....adult products and toys. I was given a nipple tingling balm to try on my lips. I was then told that it is good for not only nipple stimulation but for lips, elbows and heels. Living in the desert, I get some mean chapped lips....so I decided to give it a whirl.

As silly as it sounds, Bosom Buddy by Pure Romance is fantastic lip balm. I put in on after I wash my face in the morning and in the evening and now my lips are super smooth! Plus the Vanilla Cupcake taste doesn't suck! You get a very generous  tube for $18.

As a side note, if you've never been to one of these parties...they are a blast! If you are a shy gal...no worries, everyone is super awesome and the night always ends with your sides hurting from laughing all night.




That wraps up March's favorites...what was one of your favorites this month?

This blog was written while sipping:
Ghost Pines Cabernet Sauvignon
No wine glasses were harmed in the making of this blog 
Cheers!!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. I just realized I actually forgot to comment after I finished reading this post this morning >:{! You are so amazing for making it this far in your buying ban… you deserve a medal!!

    That dress from Bates Motel totally reminds me of the Tatyana dress you reviewed, because of the collar. I *love* that dress on you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts