Weekend Wrap Up

It's always fun when friends come into town. We live in a city where there is no end of things to do but since you live in such a city sometimes it seems like you've done it all. But each place, no matter how many times you've visited, is always a new experience with a new story when you take out-of-town friends.

Knowing we'd have an out of town guest, I did my adulting on Friday night and Saturday morning. Cleaning, laundry, errands and even snuck in time to buy a new phone....woot woot Galaxy 7!

While I was out running around the hubs stayed home to smoke salmon and ribs - so happy he enjoys his Christmas gift. Nothing like have friends over for a "family" dinner. We quickly ate and headed over to the Westgate (my first Pinup About Town was a review of the Westgate) to watch Twisted Vegas. What a freakin' funny show!! It parodies all the shows you can see in Vegas. Obviously, it's not something I could take photos of or record a snippet, but if my husband laughed...you better believe it was worth going to. One of our friends twisted her ankle a couple weeks ago and she is on crutches. When we got to the theater, I asked the gentleman if there was a place to elevate my friend's foot.  They had several people come help and we sat in a "reserved" booth - all so she could keep her foot up....excellent customer service!





Even with all that Vegas has to offer, there is nothing like being at home enjoying quality time with friends. And by quality time, I mean drinking copious amounts of booze and playing Evil Minds. If you don't know what it is....download it and play. It's played like Heads Up....but a much dirtier version. NOTE this game is not for the faint of heart.

Mornings roll around quickly for me....I am always up early. But this past Sunday, my body allowed me to sleep until about 9:30....SWEET! But the rest of the house didn't wake up until about 11:30....fml. However, it was so worth it.  mean mimosas and delish brunch....yes please!!

gotta love a hubby who cooks for you <3
Slowly....we got our day going and headed out to a couple of our friend's favorite places. First stop is a place I took my best friend to when she was in town for her 35th birthday (read the blog post here and here) - Double Down Saloon. This place is a staple, at least in my book. There is always live music and is famous for their bacon martini (don't do it...it's like fire with a bacon after taste) and ass juice. Contrary to how the name of the shot sounds....it's actually quite a yummy shot. It can be taken as a regular shot or you can buy the novelty shot glass that is in the shape of a toilet. We were going to pass on the novelty shot glass....but they now offer it in black!

Neither cigar belongs to me....total dude moment :p
How many "wrong" things can you spot?
After we enjoyed our first stop on to our friend's second favorite spot. Hogs & Heifers. Again, if you've never been....it's a must! It's pretty much Coyote Ugly. Gals on bull horns, ladies dancing on the bar and insults if you are on your phone. Not to mention there are some pretty awesome bikes and rods out in the front.


With Viva coming up real quick, I thought I would share some of the places we've enjoyed recently. Not that there is a lack of things to do or see at Viva....by any means, but it's always nice to have other options. We ended our night with a steak dinner.....om nom nom nom!

Hope you had a great weekend! Did you do anything fun??

This blog was written while sipping a:
Strawberry Daiquiri
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts