Outfit Review

This is a first for me for many reasons....but mainly because I have no idea how to work my tripod and camera. I don't understand lighting and I get frustrated quickly and get impatient that my "money shot" isn't the first photo I take....ugh. So this is my attempt to review one of my favorite Folter dresses. I purchased this dress a while ago at Unique Vintage. Not only did the pattern draw my eye, but the price tag was right! Any dress under $100 is win in my book. I believe this dress was $65 or there 'bouts. I snatched it immediately seeing that it was the only size medium left.

Close up of dress pattern



I am Mexican....but I'm soooo not Mexican. I don't speak Spanish and I hate beans. However, I love the stories that my family tells me. I love how traditional Mexicans are....or at least my family.

This dress depicts never ending love...be it romantic, friendship or family. It also screams of the colorful artistry that is commonly seen in the Hispanic culture. It is made well and is easy to move in. However, I will say I get limited movement in the arm area....mostly because I have chunky upper arms....but the small cap sleeve ends in a weird spot so it maybe limiting for anyone. BUT....who needs to raise their arms?? I think if you have range to sip your drink without struggle...you're good to go!

The thick black waist band helps bring it all together. It breaks up the dress just enough to keep the it less busy. The waist band also helps bring the hour glass shape out.


I love that the "V" neck in the front is mirrored in the back. I neglected to get a photo of the back because, you know...I fail at life. LOL I love the cut, I love the length....I love everything about this dress. I will also add, if you are a chestier lady, this definitely is a boob-a-licous dress.

I kept accessories simple - no brooch as this dress had enough going on. I did end up putting on stud earrings. But all I needed was a simple necklace and my wedding rings. Boom....done!

I know this dress is from a while ago and I am not sure how many places you can purchase it from, but I did find it here for $63.

I hope this was a decent first attempt at a review. As with anything else - the more you do it, the better you'll get at it!!

This blog was written while sipping:
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Caramel Latte
while waiting for my flight to Reno...need some
energy for shenanigans.
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo


Comments

  1. This dress looks amazing on you! I really love the pattern, and it fits you absolutely perfectly! Your review cracked me up, too -- seriously, as long as you can lift a drink to your face, you DO have enough mobility. I like how you roll :). I think you did a great job with the pics, too! Closeups of patterns are always something I like to see, since it can be hard to tell what it looks like in person from a head-to-toe pic. That painting is a great backdrop, too!

    Hope you have an awesome time in Reno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I just need more practice....I'll get there :)
    Thanks for the positive feed back :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts