Tester Tuesday (Wednesday)

Well this is going to be a heavy blog week. I missed so much last week, that I'm going to cram it all into one week....woo hoo!!

As mentioned in my February Favorites, about a month ago I was at a happy hour with a few friends and our server had the most gorgeous lip color on. Naturally I had to ask 'WHAT LIPSTICK ARE YOU WEARING" and of course I realized that I was way too excited and had to lower my voice :p

She just so happened to have her lippy in her back pocket. She pulled out Tarte's Tartiest Lip Paint.




She said she purchased at Sephora and wouldn't you know it....there was a Sephora a few doors down from the restaurant we were at. Obviously this was kismet. I left happy hour and walked straight into Sephora with my focus target being the Tarte area. As you can see above, this creamy dream of lip paint comes in array of colors. I chose the far left - Bae. There are also corresponding lip liners, but opted to skip since I have A TON of liners.

The color range goes from subtle to bold. It has a thick creamy consistency...which I think may sound like a negative...but it's quite the opposite. It's a lush, rich, creamy lip paint that feels silky on the lips. These lip paints originate as a traditional lipstick and then it is liquefied and concentrated which creates the "moussey texture" - as described by Tarte. It does have a matte finish, but does not dry out your lips.



Because it is matte, I prepped my lips by using Lush's Popcorn Lip Scrub to leave my lips smooth and flake free.


The wear is most certainly long lasting. I usually get up, get ready and make my way to work which takes between 30-40 minutes. That allows for the lip paint to dry and set. I get to work, turn on my space heater (I'm perpetually cold) and go make my coffee. I take my time with my coffee....I savor with multiple small sips. There was very little transfer from lips to mug.


I purposefully didn't reapply my after lunch and made sure to record what it looks like at around 6pm, the time I get home from work.


As you can see, the color is there but the inner part of my lower lip is void of color. That is just my lips...happens all the time. I can't get color to stay on that little strip of lip real estate. This lip paint is actually quite difficult to take off. It's a keeper!!

The lip paints retail at $20.00. Have you tried these before? Do you like them? I have an over abundance of lip products and I'm always excited to try something new, so if you have an recommendations please leave a comment down below.

This blog was written while sipping:
good ol' H20. Body needs to
re-hydrate. 
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo


Comments

  1. Wow, I can't believe how well this lasted! All of my lipsticks get utterly destroyed by eating, even though I'm a pretty careful eater. I'll have to check this one out.

    PS -- I'm so amazed by the closeup photos you took! I have the hardest time photographing my makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did my face and the cropped around the lips.
    I realize now I should have done a full face shot...womp womp.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts