Tester Tuesday - Peter Thomas Roth 24k Gold Face Mask

Tester Tuesday is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to blog about. I do them every other week...but this might be something that turns into a weekly post.

I know I mentioned it somewhere on this blog that I've come to realize I'm getting older. When did that happen?! The only reason why I get carded is because of my height....a whopping 4'11"! Other than that I can totally see my age showing through.

I don't believe in miracle creams and / or amazing solutions that will make you look younger. Bleh...propaganda I tells ya! However, I do believe these things do great things for skin. As of late, the weather in Vegas has been changing. From winter to spring to something in between with beautiful days until you walk outside and you all but fly away from the massive gust of wind! **Side note, dresses are NOT the business on a windy day.**

Again, as noted somewhere on this blog before - I LOVE QVC! I don't remember how I came across this, but the reviews were amazing and lets be honest....it's 24k Gold....FOR YOUR FACE!


I found out that you can purchase this product, along with other
Peter Thomas Roth products at Ulta.


As with other beauty products such as these, one time use isn't going to give you any kind of outcome or results. So, for reference, this was my third time using this mask. I feel like my skin was taking a beating by the elements....so wanted to give this puppy a whirl.

I started off by washing my face and then making sure that I got all the nooks and cranny's by doing a follow up cleaning with these:


Sexy...I know.
In my first two attempts at this face mask, I used, what I thought were trusty tools, my fingers. Somewhere along the line, my own little digits failed me. For some reason it would not goop onto my face to create a good layer of 24k gold. WTF. So I decided I would not use this mask until I found a face spatula....meaning going shopping in kitchen sections of Target and Walmarts because Sally's didn't have it. (By the way, the ladies that worked at the two Sally's I went to looked at me like I was from another planet when I asked about such a product)! Amazingly, this task proved to be difficult. I did end up finding a duo at Walmart. One big one and one little one. Score, big spatula for the kitchen - little spatula for gold! All for $0.98...boom shaka laka!

Tools to pure beauty
I was super happy I picked up the spatula because the mask had a nice layer of gold and wasn't as patchy as prior attempts.


 

Gotta love silly pictures of you doing something you'd never thought others would witness you doing!

At any rate, once I spread gold all over my face I let it sit for ten minutes. Let the waiting begin!


Once it was time to take off goo gold, I thought scraping with the spatula would be a good idea. WRONG - don't do that! Instead, I took a warm cloth to take the top layer off and the followed up another Cetaphil wipe before hopping in the shower and using my usual cleaner. Can you tell I am acne prone!?

Hello goofball central!
Like I said...after the first two times, I wasn't impressed. BUT the third time, I started to feel it. I don't know if you can see it...but my face was less dry. I was starting to get that pesky flaky skin at the corner of your mouth...gone. My skin felt hydrated and a bit tighter. Maybe not a face lift kind of tight, but tighter. Most of all, it felt fresh!

This product is on sale for $73.00, plus s/h (down from $80...big whoop) but I tend to wait until it is on Easy Pay. Might sound silly, but I would much rather pay small amounts monthly, than part with such a large sum all at once.

Over all, I'm SUPER happy with this product and have been looking at the Irish Black Mud to test next. Dang it....I went to go grab that link and now I see it's on sale.....argh!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comment section below or private message!

This Tester Tuesday was conducted while sipping
good ol' fashion water from a sippy cup.
You know...hydrate and all.
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo


Comments

  1. Haha, I totally feel you on the whole 'taking photos of things you never thought others would witness you doing!" And on not wearing dresses on windy days… I think I accidentally flashed a bunch of film students last week.

    Spatulas for face mask application?!? Genius! I was literally thinking this afternoon that I need to start using a mask. My skin is all kinds of unhappy about the endless winter here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the other day I was at Walmart and saw a "cosmetic spoon" - which also had a spatula like end to it....boo!!

    Masks are fabulous!! Even the ones that are $2....gotta do it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts