Outfit Review - Tatyana's Elizabeth

Welp....here it goes. Attempt number two on doing a review. Again, my attempts with photography are very novice. I'm still playing with the best lighting. I would go outside but our back yard leave something to be desired...yay renting! And our front yard is at a slope so it's weird for tripod balance.
So I'm playing with different areas of our house, this time our bar area.

I saw Tatyana's Elizabeth  dress on their website and as unsure about it until las summer's season of So You Think You Can Dance and I saw their dress:


I immediately felt like this dress was a MUST HAVE - yay product placement! So of course I ran out and bought it.


True to Tatyana's reputation - the dress is well made and just lovely! The colors are lovely and it's perfect for the spring / summer. This white dress is adorned with yellow berries and grey leaves. It becomes even more than a dress when you add the peter pan-like collar that has a bow at the center. Also, it comes with a thin yellow belt (above) but I was spacing out and totally forgot to put it on.


I decided to pair this dress with brown bangles from Claire's. Those must have been purchased EONS ago because I can't even remember the last time I was at a Clair's. I also sported my bejeweled frog, Francine, as my brooch choice for the day and topped it off with a basket-esque purse I thrifted.



The Elizabeth is lined with a kind of crinoline around the hem line. You can wear with our without a petticoat. There is no stretch to this dress. I feel like it fits well everywhere except for the chest area. I'm on the bustier side and the lining around the chest area makes my girls a bit awkward....but doesnt bother me that much....but would have been nice to have a bit of a stretch.

The under part of the dress
If you look closely, you can see the lining across my bust
The dress zips in the back and tends to get to have a hard time getting past the waist area. Could be just me..but it has the same issue when not on my person. The main issue I have with this dress is that it says I can machine wash, but of course I'm a weirdo and always get my dresses dry cleaned. They starched the eff out of my dress and my collar was sticking straight out. Clearly not a fault of the designer. I had to weigh down my collar with Francine.

And of course I paired this lovely with my new B.A.I.T Hansel shoes:

 

The Elizabeth dress is $135.00  and is fully stocked on the Tatyana web site. It's a perfect addition for the spring / summer season.


I love this dress and I hope this is somewhat helpful in your decision in purchasing this beauty!

This blog was written while sipping:
Chole 2013 Pinot Noir
No wine glasses were harmed
in the making of this blog
Cheers!

Essentially,

Evie xoxo

Comments

  1. This dress is absolutely perfect on you, and I LOVE the collar so much! Francine is the perfect complement to the collar and the colors of the dress. Your photos came out fantastic, too. I have the same problem at the waist of a lot of my dresses, even when they fit. Sometimes rubbing the zipper with wax paper can help! But usually I make Jeff yank up the zipper, which makes me nervous because he still isn't that experienced with dress zippers ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, are the Hansels comfortable? I've been eyeing the coral ones forever but heels terrify me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY comfortable. I'm used to stilettos and the knees are way happier with the lower heel and the chunkier heel makes it way more comfortable for long wear.

    I'll have to try the wax paper, my hubs is still asleep when I leave for work....so I've got only my two hands to zip me up :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts