Weekend Wrap Up

I'm back after a mini blogging vacay. Translation - I drank too much last Tuesday night and since I'm not a spring chicken any more...it takes me longer to recover. Then my weekend was slightly extended into Monday evening so here we are....a Tester Tuesday turned into a Weekend Wrap Up.

But honestly...I had a great weekend and I'm always happy to share <3
I dedicated my Saturday to adult duties...hee hee....duties. Yes, I'm a 7 year old trapped in a 35 year old body. Good times. Anywho, once Sunday rolled around it took me a bit to get the motivation to get my butt into gear and ready for the day.

In case you didn't know, I used to be a performer. Well, I guess I still am at heart...but I used to be in marching band in high school and then various independent drum corps and winterguards. I performed up until I was 25. I taught until I was about 28. Although I am very disconnected from the activity, I still love to go as a spectator every once in a while.  WGI (Winterguard International) brought back their regional weekend in Vegas a couple years ago. So I was able to sit for a few hours with old friends and watch in amazement at what young bodies can do and wonder how you ever did it yourself?!

My last year performing - 2005 The Raven year. It's a smidge blurry...but that's me, I swear.



Another perk of bigger shows being in your city is that so many people come! Years and years will go by and you'll see your friends and hug, cry and reminisce like nobody's business. And if we are lucky, we'll get a friend that has a free moment to hang out. One of our friends was able to join my husband and I for a great evening.

We started off over at the Erotic Heritage Museum, which in and of itself is very interesting. However, we were there to watch Puppetry of the Penis. I won't post any pictures because a.) we weren't allowed to except for at one point in the show and b.) it would be wildly inappropriate to show the one photo you are allowed to take. But seriously.....it's just what the title sounds like and is a great laugh!


The show was about an hour and a half long and by the time we left we were HUUUUUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRY! We decided we were due for a nice dinner....and boy did we get a nice friggin' dinner! We went over to the Wynn and went to SW Steakhouse. We wanted to sit out on the patio because this is the best time of year for weather....and so short lived. Unfortunately, people made reservations well in advance and we were seated inside...but we weren't complaining!

We had a nice view of the patio seating area and could see a bit of the Lake of Dreams.
We started off with the Seared Steak Tartare and the Yellowfin Tuna Tartare

Steak Tartare (closest) Yellowfin Tuna Tartare (farthest)
Clearly I really wanted to eat because this pic is bluuuuury....gimme gimme gimme all the noms!!! Yeah, it was goooood. My hubs and our friend shared the Chile Rubbed Double Rib Eye.


They ate until they were full and then my hubs and I had full cuts for left overs last night!! OMGerd....so so so delish. I had my favorite - 9oz, Filet Mignon and I added some Rouge Creamery Smoked Blue Cheese.

I mean....c'mon....delish!!
We decided on Poblano & Bacon Smoked Mac N' Cheese and Black Truffle Creamed Corn as our sides.



I was extremely full....but when you go out to a nice dinner...you get dessert!!!! Right? Right. Bam...justified. Like how I did that? :p


I don't remember what this was called....but the description had cookie dough butter....um....YES!! OH! I think it was called Cookie Dough Butter Cheesecake. I'm drooling looking at it.

Obviously, I have no complaints about SW Steakhouse....it's freakin' delish! We also walked around a bit to settle the big lump of deliciousness in our stomachs. If you've never walked around the Wynn, there is only one way to describe it....whoa.

Carousel made of flowers 
And then my absolute favorite thing to check out is the 28 million dollar Popeye...yup, you read that correctly TWENTY EIGHT MILLION!


My hubs makes a face that reminds me of Popeye....so I take a special likeness to this statue. 

If you find yourself wanting a decadent meal - SW Steakhouse will not disappoint. But it is totally understandable if you are trying to be a balla on a budget. Even just to walk around the Wynn....it's amazing. If you go by SW Steakhouse, there is a bar called Parasol Down that is fun. If you sit on the patio, they do a show on the Lake of Dreams every half hour. 

Where is your favorite place to go when you visit Vegas?

This blog was brought to you by a:
Grey Goose dirty martini with
blue cheese stuffed olives from
SW Steakhouse.
Cheers!!

Essentially,

Evie

Comments

  1. This post made me want to go back to Vegas SO MUCH!! That meal looked incredible! I totally agree with you about getting dessert. A nice restaurant meal needs a sweet finale! I had actually never had steak tartare until my last Vegas trip, but it's SOOOO good!

    Were you a drummer in marching bands? I was always so sad that my high school didn't have a marching band, but our district was super small. We had non-marching bands, though! It's great that you got to catch up with an old friend!

    Hmm… I think my favorite place to go in Vegas is Stack, in Mirage. My fiancé and I went there on our first vacation together and had the most perfect meal ever, so when I go back, I relive those really happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on down!! Vegas is calling you :) Our meal was ridiculously good. That was my first time trying steak tartare too....man I've been missing out!!

      Nope, I was in the colorguard when I was in marching band. What's a non-marching band....like concert band?

      I've never been to Stack....gotta go there and post all the noms in your honor :)

      Delete
    2. Hopefully I'll make it out for Viva one of these days! I'm so glad you discovered the deliciousness that is steak tartare, too. I was in concert band and the school Jazz band, and played in the pit band for the high school musicals.

      If you go to Stack, I recommend the cucumber martini: it comes with its own snack in the form of an epic garnish. The sea bass dish they have is the best EVER!

      Delete
  2. Yes....Viva is a must. I've gone for the past 3 years but this is the first time I've purchased the full access ticket. Which...if you are flying in would be the only way to go. You better believe I'll be posting a butt load of photos!

    I used to love watching our Jazz Band and concert band....so much more melodic than marching band.

    Okay...Stack is on my radar!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts